How long does it take for telkom to connect my line?

Donovan

I recently moved to a new flat. The physical wires for the telkom line are already present, all that telkom needs to do is connect the line. I've phoned their call centre all week to find out what the progress is on the line, but all I have had as a response is that 'the system is down'.

Any ideas?

Sysem

Expert Member
I recently moved to a new flat. The physical wires for the telkom line are already present, all that telkom needs to do is connect the line. I've phoned their call centre all week to find out what the progress is on the line, but all I have had as a response is that 'the system is down'.

Any ideas?
Give it a couple of months. Should be up and running by September.

jroux

Look out for a Telkom bakkie in your area and offer him a 'tip' to help you. I have found that if you apply for a Telkom Fastest line they usually install allot quicker. You then simply downgrade your line speed after they installed the line.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
yeah more money you pay, more important you are to them lol

you got to love how this okes operate lol

latro

Any ideas?

Yeah that bloody system is down waaayy too much imho. I bet they have ten years worth of backlogged work they need to catch up with, now the system is kastig down so they can clear that log (just me thinking out loud lol)

ADRAM3L3CH

I waited 2 months for something that took 10 minutes to sort out so you might have a long wait ahead...

<= ManiaC =>

Oddly enough I found the best way to get anything done is to rather go in-store, the call centre really sucks

essene

Telkom has really dropped the ball in the last ten years! They could have been the premier service provider, what with the last Km coverage, and they cocked it up. They now have such a long way back in the minds of consumers in SA.

C.A.T.S.

oh no,

this does not look as though it's easy to get a line after you move