How long does it take for the sim to activate? Axxess Cell C LTE 100gig deal

frontosa

Hey guys

How long does the sim take to activate. I placed the sim in the router and set the apn to lte.broadband.is . Should there be something in the username and password section? No signal lights are on and obviously no connection shows.

Inserted the sim about 2 hours ago.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Frontosa

Did you take up the contract directly with Cell C?

^NZ

frontosa

Thanks working now. How do I know if I am connected to LTE or LTE-A ? Using a B618.

surface

Executive Member

cavedog

Honorary Master
If it shows 4G+ then it's LTE-A if it shows only 4G then it's normal LTE but also remember that usually LTE-A only activates when you use data so do a speedtest and check if you see 4G+

I do remember the guys in the other thread said it does not work on 4G+ but i can't see how that can be because it would be hard to actually limit 4G+ as it's coverage and hardware dependent and as soon as you are sorted for LTE then LTE-A should work fine.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Hey guys

How long does the sim take to activate. I placed the sim in the router and set the apn to lte.broadband.is . Should there be something in the username and password section? No signal lights are on and obviously no connection shows.

Inserted the sim about 2 hours ago.
Good day @frontosa,

Once the SIM has been delivered please allow up to 24 hours from the time the SIM Card is inserted for the data to be allocated.