How long does police clearance take?

newjourno

I went to the Police Station to do it yesterday and was informed that it would take 4 months. I want to apply for an opportunity which closes in early November. The lady seemed insistent that it would not arrive in time but I was informed by a colleague that I should go ahead and do it as the Police person probably did not want to do their job.

I did the process and went ahead but realized that the lady did not give me a slip. How long will I take to actually receive it if I will?

Midnights_Ghost

Mines took 1 month and a few days. It just depends on the number of applications they have to process I guess

marco79

Expert Member
A colleague of mine in Cpt received his 2 weeks back. Took him 9 weeks since application to get it.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I went to the Police Station to do it yesterday and was informed that it would take 4 months. I want to apply for an opportunity which closes in early November. The lady seemed insistent that it would not arrive in time but I was informed by a colleague that I should go ahead and do it as the Police person probably did not want to do their job.

I did the process and went ahead but realized that the lady did not give me a slip. How long will I take to actually receive it if I will?
Wife is doing it via Postnet. They reckon 5 to 10 days max.

newjourno

Wife is doing it via Postnet. They reckon 5 to 10 days max.
How much does it cost via PostNet?

I paid R114 via SAPS. I have seen some companies say that they can get it done within 5-10 days but their prices are R1500-2k

AdrianH

Expert Member
How much does it cost via PostNet?

I paid R114 via SAPS. I have seen some companies say that they can get it done within 5-10 days but their prices are R1500-2k
Yes, you go to cop shop and pay the R114 and have prints taken. Then you take it to Postnet.

Postnet then charge between R700 and R800 (cant remember exact cost) and they get it to the CRC in Pretoria, and then bring it back to the Postnet branch once completed.

Reading up in this, Postnet have an office in same building in CRC which is why they can offer this service.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member

It used to be 6 weeks back in 2015/2016. I think with the inflation in people emigrating the wait time has become much longer now.

go to their head office in Pretoria and u should get it in a day
As far as I'm aware you are no longer allowed to do this and all PCCs need to be applied for through your local police station.

VernD

Executive Member
It took me two weeks last year but might take up to four weeks; not usually longer than this.