• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.

How many bricks can a bricklayer lay per day?

Mk786

Expert Member
A Brick layer could lay as many bricks per day as a brick layer could if a brick layer could lay bricks per day

greg0205

Honorary Master
A Brick layer could lay as many bricks per day as a brick layer could if a brick layer could lay bricks per day
Or, about the same as a pile of wood a woodchuck would chuck, you know, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Geoff.D

Executive Member
About 400 to 500 face bricks per day and up to 800 bricks for walls requiring no cleaning and pointing.

There is a limit as to how high a wall can be built in a day because the wall cannot support itself if the lower part has not set yet. Not sure what that limit is but I suspect it is about 1.5 to 2m

Thor

Honorary Master
I never counted them, but I worked at a construction company once and I would say we layed a couple of hundred a day each in the 200 - 300 range.

Or it felt like that much.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Depends.

There are 480 minutes in a work day.

Does he have handlangers who mix and bring cement, fetch bricks, and assist with line? If the lay is straight, no cuts, uncomplicated, double, then around 750 stock bricks a day for an experienced professional bricklayer.

gimpex

I'm building right now .

First 3 days averaged out at around 500 bricks per day

That's with a helper and not just one straight line

Looks neat.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
About 500 bricks properly layed ie: not the rubbish jobs you get these days because everything is going to be plastered over. So about 500 commons. That is with a hod carrier and mortar supplied.
Loads of people these day who can throw one brick/block on top of another, very few skilled brick layers around.

gimpex

1st rule of building, pay per job or m2 not per day.
I got an arrangement where he gets a daily fee per minimum of 400 bricks. If less than R1 per brick. So far averaged around 500 and that includes profiles , lines etc

He has a helper , which I pay for