How many drinks you can get at a sports pub instead of paying for DStv Premium

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
How many drinks you can get at a sports pub instead of paying for DStv Premium

For the same price as a DStv Premium subscription, you can buy numerous drinks from a bar while watching your favourite sports on one of their TVs.

DStv Premium has lost many subscribers over the last few years, in part due to the increasing popularity of video streaming services like Netflix, which offer vast libraries of movies and TV shows at a fraction of DStv’s price.

While many want to “cut the cord” and migrate fully to Internet-based services, the simple truth is that no streaming provider offers the wide range of sports that SuperSport has.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
At our local in Douglasdale, The Gathering of the Clans, the booze is cheap and the chicks beat you up if you support the wrong team.
Even the dudes from Boksburg are to scared to visit.

3WA

Honorary Master
Imagine having four drinks watching a five-day test match.

6spdmanual

Expert Member
Reminds me of some article and thread from 2019 (I think?) where MyBroadband quoted some “expert” who said it made sense to go out and watch games at a pub and have a few drinks (or did he say it’s better to go watch the game live at the stadium?) than pay for DStv Premium.

The article was rightfully bashed on the Forum, as well as the “expert”. The “expert” caught wind of his name being dragged through the mud so he ended up creating an account and saying how poorly MyBroadband quoted him and he demanded his name be removed from the article.

Good times :):ROFL:

Louis72

Expert Member
Hooters is pretty good for me with the Big Daddy’s
R75 and some nice Girls:p