How many entertainment subscriptions do you pay for each month?

How many entertainment subscriptions do you pay for each month?

• None

Votes: 48 13.5%

Votes: 103 28.9%

Votes: 78 21.9%

Votes: 67 18.8%

Votes: 31 8.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

JibbersCrabst

I tried the YT premium trial. After I cancelled, I'm pretty sure that I have more "frequent" ads. Before the trial, I didn't have those mid-video ads which count down. Guess that's what you get for being a stinge.

Johand

Expert Member
Wow. It got me counting. I need to rationalize. Insane. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Showmax, Spotify, Xbox Game Pass PC, EA Subscription. And probably miss something. (And I exclude the Dstv I pay for my mom)

Johand

Expert Member
I tried the YT premium trial. After I cancelled, I'm pretty sure that I have more "frequent" ads. Before the trial, I didn't have those mid-video ads which count down. Guess that's what you get for being a stinge.
Nope - they have been escalating their war on free users. Never subscribed and the ads have been skyrocketing. Multiple mid video ads. Multiple ads before.

Prometheus371

Just playstation plus...I am a big fan of life at sea so I dont really do streaming services but I do pay for cloud storage.

Raithlin

Executive Member
I just pay my Hulu subscription with a paypal account linked to my credit card. Then with Hulu subscription you can sign up for other packages (such as the Disney+ and ESPN package (for those two added onto my Hulu sub it costs me an extra $5.
Wait, what? How please?

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Wait, what? How please?
I logged onto paypal.com using a VPN (set to the US) and created an account using a US address and then also put down that my nationality was United states - I was even able to do this using my south African co.za email address. I then just added my credit card on to the account for online purchases.

Then went onto Hulu (again with a VPN set to the US) and created an account for Hulu and then when it asks for how you would like to pay, you just choose paypal.com and load your email address used and password and then your account should be up and running.

You however will either constantly need to use a VPN when viewing Hulu/Disney+/Espn or use a smartdns.

I use smartdnsproxy on my router so I don't have to constantly run a VPN.

Must say that getting Hulu setup with payment was a tad bit harder than Netflix and CBS but I eventually got it set up and now after about three years have not had any issues with it.

Jeazy

I am actually not paying for any subs but have dstv now and Netflix. I am wondering, how is Amazon prime?

Romito

Expert Member
Netflix, YouTube Premium, Windscribe, Google One, PSN and Amazon Prime.

Dave

Honorary Master
Not if you're in the UK like Mephisto. A bag of chips cost about R80 there and that R40 is half the cost of a pint.

:oops:

Jesus, where the fvck where you buying those chips from?

Portion of chips in a fish and chip shop is £1.90 (today's exchange rate makes that R38 and change) in the one local to me.

Kiemo

Netflix mobile and Apple Music for family

Might that that Spotify 60 rand for months I only wait when I get a discount on Spotify

Dave

Honorary Master
Amazon Prime Video
Netflix
Disney
Apple Music (free in my phone contract)
Spotify
Sky
Real Debrid
I probably use Syncler and Cinema HD more than all of the streaming services I pay for (except Sky).

s898

Jut YT Premium. Cancelled my Amazon Prime,Netflix,ShowMax and Audible earlier this year.