How many times a day do you quit your job?

Dev1

Sometimes feel like you frustrated and quit in your head but also know you're an adult and have adult bills and you can't actually quit.
Yes, the other option is try doing something else but keep meeting dead-ends...

Bobbin

Executive Member
Sometimes I set hourly reasonable goals (or whatever timeframe suits the near future) and try to complete the goal in that timeframe so that I can spend the rest of it doing whatever the F I want. It's a nice way to keep the work/break cycle with short focused sprints and makes what seems like half the time I spend at the job doing my own thing (like browsing MyBB). The time left is merely my own personal reward for doing the mundane work.

EDIT: Oh look at that, times up :p Back to work.

R4ziel

Expert Member
About 10 times before I get to work, and when I get there about 100 times before i realize it's not even 9am yet and I should find a way to cope for the rest of the day without commiting murder, and at the end of the day I wonder wtf I am still doing here and that I should find other work, but tomorrow the cycle continues.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
About 10 times before I get to work, and when I get there about 100 times before i realize it's not even 9am yet and I should find a way to cope for the rest of the day without commiting murder, and at the end of the day I wonder wtf I am still doing here and that I should find other work, but tomorrow the cycle continues.
Sounds familiar really....

At least the murder part...

Dev1

Ditto!

R4ziel

Expert Member
This.

I look forward to work each and every day. Working for an employer that provides a great workplace environment was the single best thing I could have done in terms of stress.
I had this a while ago but it was in Rosebank and I live in PTA, so petrol was killing me, but now I work super close to home and I hate it, would love to find a decent employer close to PTA that actually cares about their staff

Radorn

Same here.

Only difference is I have small moments where things are okay and I think to myself "this isn't so bad" and then the rest of the day happens...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Same here.

Only difference is I have small moments where things are okay and I think to myself "this isn't so bad" and then the rest of the day happens...
So basically when you get to your desk and when you get up to leave in the afternoon are all good... the rest is a monumental clusterfsck?

R4ziel

Expert Member
Same here.

Oh I have those too, when I actually get to do what I love and play in the Virtual Server sandbox improving things for the company, I wouldn't do anything else, its when I have to do things out side of what I am supposed to do because the junior IT guy wasn't hired for his skills, then I hate what I do

WorldWarII

i used to be like this when I was a government slave. Even as a private contractor. I do easier work now. Job isnt bad at all. I am grateful. just sucks that you have to give so many hours a day to your survival. time is prescious and should be spent with kids and so on. The whole employment model is completely wrong.

Radorn

So basically when you get to your desk and when you get up to leave in the afternoon are all good... the rest is a monumental clusterfsck?
lol. Almost.

It's not really what I'm doing, but how I'm supposed to be doing it e.g. red tape, procedures, bureaucracy etc. It just drains you up to the point that even the stuff you enjoy doing you don't look forward to.

Topdoggdbn

Yip, it's not what I have to do but who I have to deal with to get it done that's the drain.

Purply

Expert Member
If I could spend less time at work I would probably enjoy it more.