How many times a day do you quit your job?

Venomous

Honorary Master
I do what I enjoy.
Sure I deal with a few difficult people but I don't work on them, nor for them personally.

I see different people everyday.

I'm not involved in the office politics.

I've been at the same business for nearly a decade :p
And have been doing my work for longer than that.

While I do the general alround IT thing I focus more on the consulting/assessment side of stuff.

With time I worked really really hard and long hours.
Now I only work a fraction of the time you do and I can to whatever.

By the time I stop work tomorrow I might be close to 30 hours for the week. While there can be busier weeks it's not a regular event. Generally 25hr weeks :p

BUT it was many years of really hard work, investing etc.

So now I work because I want to not because I have to :)

How could I resign from such a job?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I get to do something I like doing and get paid for it.
I use the product extensively myself.
I work from home.
I have flexible hours and leave policy.
My bosses are cool.
I get paid in dollars.

There are obviously some parts of the job I don't like but definitely wouldn't want to quit over those.

SAguy

Expert Member
Have an awesome job (I'm in IT, nothing glamourous), awesome employer and if I don't feel like seeing anyone I just go work from wherever I want. Flexi time.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Get a bit bored at my job but I have a lot of interests which align with a good internet connection so it's not all bad. Just the meetings where people babble for on for hours tires me out. Would much rather be at my computer engaging with the virtual world.

Tander

Executive Member
Never. Enjoy my work. Although I resigned recently for career growth and looking forward to the new challenges ahead.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Free coffee
I do something that I enjoy and get paid for it
My work environment as a whole is fantastic and stimulating
Great company benefits
My team consists of really great, helpful people
Did I mention the free coffee?
Relaxed work environment if all the outstanding work is caught up on
The company also places a large emphasis on personal development, so we try to stay current with regards to learning and studies

cguy

Expert Member
I also enjoy my job. Challenging problems, great pay, smart co-workers, frequent travel (as much as I want), etc. Most of us don’t need to work at all, which is a testament to the environment. There are some stresses of course, but these are relatively minor and are offset by the benefits.

cn@

Expert Member
Sometimes feel like you frustrated and quit in your head but also know you're an adult and have adult bills and you can't actually quit.
Yes, the other option is try doing something else but keep meeting dead-ends...
You also saw the sponsored article on CNN's website at the bottom?

cn@

Expert Member
I would consider quitting if I have to work with my current client base next year again.

If I can get another client section (my boss can easily assign me that and it would be more beneficial to our organisation) I would love my job.

ReeceDBN031

Oh how i wish things would just fall into place, a new job would be heaven sent honestly... sometimes i think.. hmm i should just leave give em all a piece of my mind and walk out.. and something else that i wont say on here.. :whistling::p

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
All the time.
I have been pulled into a political thing for the last 3 years. This is the only reason why I feel like quitting every day.
Other than that, the job/s are fairly easy.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Depends on how badly my colleagues or clients frustrate/irritate me on any given today.

gamer16

Executive Member
Surprisingly very seldom, this year at least. Used to be a different story in the past.

Nemus

This.

I look forward to work each and every day. Working for an employer that provides a great workplace environment was the single best thing I could have done in terms of stress.
I had this until recently. Then moved to where I have quit 6 times so far today...

samrai.jck

Expert Member
Every time my employer communicates with me, looks in my general direction or walks past me.
Every time I see their work ethic.
When home - I think of the life I am expected to live vs the life I want to live,(and reasonably can without adjusting to their ethics).
Anytime during they day when I think about how my employer has disregarded his family life, friends and has absolutely no hobbies and I am expected to do the same.

- Times I want to quit.