How many times a week do you go out to eat or get take aways?

How many times a week do you go out to eat or get take aways?

• Hardly ever

Votes: 145 39.4%
  • Once a week

Votes: 116 31.5%
  • A couple times per week

Votes: 62 16.8%
  • 3-4 times per week

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Between 5 and 10 times per week

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • More than 10 times.

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • I never cook

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other (?)

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

ebendl

Expert Member
Most we would do is get Uber Eats from a nice place for Friday evening when the older kids visit grandma and the toddler is in bed.

Haven't gone out to a restaurant in ages, but mostly due to the toddler being a baby up to now :)

duckgray

4 to 5 times a week. hate cooking and cleaning up afterwards. there are so many good options close by on ubereats to explore.

gamer16

Honorary Master
I never cook.

/looks at gut

Well technically 2min noodles is cooking isn't it?

Also the food I get at the local spar is just the same food you lot cook in your houses anyway, Vetkoek en mins today, some alfredo yesterday.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
When I used go to the office, at least 3-4 times a week. I used to mostly use the office cafeteria or take a walk to the mall. I eventually got sick of the office cafeteria menu which indicates how often I went.

I've hardly been over the past 8 months since I started working from home. I am living with my family again so my Mum cooks. It has probably saved me a lot of money.

It can be very very tempting. It is very convenient (easier to dispose of materials and gives you easy, tasty food). But unless you are going to Kara Nicha's, it is going to add up if you do it all the time and you will realize that this is money which you could have easily saved.

netstrider

Expert Member
How many times a week?

Should be how many times a year.

I get asked around 14H00 what I want to eat and then the wife has it ready by the time I get home 16H30. Hardly ever eat take aways. Had Nando's the other day and what a waste of effort that was.

Really only eat out for seafood.

I make breakfasts over the weekend.

gamer16

Honorary Master
When I used go to the office, at least 3-4 times a week. I used to mostly use the office cafeteria or take a walk to the mall. I eventually got sick of the office cafeteria menu which indicates how often I went.

I've hardly been over the past 8 months since I started working from home. I am living with my family again so my Mum cooks. It has probably saved me a lot of money.

It can be very very tempting. It is very convenient (easier to dispose of materials and gives you easy, tasty food). But unless you are going to Kara Nicha's, it is going to add up if you do it all the time and you will realize that this is money which you could have easily saved.

Hope you are paying your mum to stay there? AND helping with the dishes.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
I never cook.

/looks at gut

Well technically 2min noodles is cooking isn't it?

Also the food I get at the local spar is just the same food you lot cook in your houses anyway, Vetkoek en mins today, some alfredo yesterday.
There is nothing wrong with a decent vetkoek and mince :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stuey74

Hardly ever lately. Main reason is price, becoming costly, and the local take away's have been getting steadily worse quality wise, talking franchised take away places.

Make my own versions at home, cheaper, tastier and the kids prefer it.

Reactions: air

gamer16

Honorary Master
Hardly ever lately. Main reason is price, becoming costly, and the local take away's have been getting steadily worse quality wise, talking franchised take away places.

Make my own versions at home, cheaper, tastier and the kids prefer it.

^This

Literally the only thing I like at MCD's now is the fries, if they are fresh and crispy, but they still are fark expensive.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Hope you are paying your mum to stay there? AND helping with the dishes.

Conservative Indian people are different (though it may be very conservative parents in general), they literally force you to stay at home. It's hard to explain but I don't have much of a choice unless I get married (not going to happen) or get a job in another city.

I don't help out with the dishes but I do contribute to the household bills where I can.

Reactions: air

gamer16

Honorary Master
Conservative Indian people are different (though it may be very conservative parents in general), they literally force you to stay at home. It's hard to explain but I don't have much of a choice unless I get married (not going to happen) or get a job in another city.

I don't help out with the dishes but I do contribute to the household bills where I can.

Oh okay, good.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Used to be a once a week kind of thing in general, but have cut that down significantly...

Largely due to cost and the quality of what you get for that money these days.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I had takeaways exactly three times this year, but otherwise about once or twice monthly with sushi or Asian being the exception. Everything else like burgers, pizza, etc. is hardly on my takeaway menu.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We get the kids McDs once or twice a week after school, and the occasional Chinese takeaway when I want a break from cooking.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
We get the kids McDs once or twice a week after school, and the occasional Chinese takeaway when I want a break from cooking.
What chinese do you get?

I haven't had really (awesome) good chinese since hong kong restaurant left brooklyn mall. Most seems to be a mishmash of stir frying and being rather oily. I think the best option close me is house of asia. idk.