How many times have you dropped your iPhone?

Eyenstyn

I dropped it about 20x. Luckily I got this heavy duty cover that protrudes from the front which protects the screen.

MX-JRDN

Lol.
I've had one small drop from couch to the floor. Nothing serious and no damage.
Using the Speck fitted cover, so not much protection either.
I know the day is coming though when I do drop it, try to catch it with my foot, and instead kick it 6 feet across the floor. It's only a matter of time :(

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
I'll refrain from answering due to Murphy who no doubt see my post - LOL. But the answer is less than 1 .... hee hee

Mbuzi

Expert Member
Twice and in both instances the back cover was damaged but insurance covered

flatline2010

dopped the phone 3 times with no damage.... but I am in awe of my 5 year old ipod touch which I have managed to bounce more times than I can count and it still goes on....

Eyenstyn

I managed to drop my iPhone on it's side onto my pc case, which then bounced against a table and then hit the floor face first. It survived unharmed.

NetDude

Expert Member
Too many times to recall. No cover. Phone older than 24mnths. Still going strong...

greg0205

Honorary Master
My 3GS, too much of times... The last time I dropped it the screen shattered "Beyond Economic Repair" so I called my insurer and said: "Hellooo iPhone 4!" That said, I'm pretty OCD 'bout not dropping the new phone.

Mars

Honorary Master
Plenty, including flying out of my pocket when I came off my bike. Its a bit scratched and goes to 'no service' once or twice a week where I have to restart the phone since the bike, but other than that it works fine.
I'll get a iPhone 4 next month maybe.

b1scu1t

Dropped mine once :-( Didnt fall hard at all.

Luckily i bought covers the same as apple's bumpers.

Something very cool happened to me though.
I went to Dion Wired and my i cought some Apple bumpers (not official Apple bumpers). The price labels on it said R20 i think, and couldn't believe that it's so cheap cause i saw other for like R200, so i asked the guy how much the bumpers cost.
He scanned them and told me they cost 5c!!!!!! Haha
I was stunned!
The guy asked me if i want more bumpers. He brought me a couple so i ended up buying like 7 of them!
Paid with a R1. Told them to keep the change haha

EchoZA

Expert Member
1st 3G dropped before even putting sim in.. opended box and iPhone was stuck to instide of lid, then proceeded to unravel from the protective film and fell +-25cm height to the fall on it's face :)

jasonbot

A friend once dropped my iPhone 3G. I was sad then got over it. The first drop is always the worst. Then when you realise its not made of glass (sorry iP4 users) all is ok again.

bluejhb

Yesterday was the first time! tiny chip in the side... all bcos I was trying to catch my Windhoek from falling. clearly i need to reevaluate my priorities