How much do you pay for rent?

Pho3nix

The Legend
Afternoon all,

As the title states..also if you can mention your area and the sq/m of your abode :)
Renters pref but open to buyers too :)

Mortymoose

Executive Member
R5000 pm, 600sqm, Oranjemund,Namibia, this includes water and lights..... 4 bedrooms , two bathrooms...... lekker braai..... You guys don't know how tough it is to live in a remote mining community....

:whistling:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
R7500 pm, excluding everything else... Gordon's Bay. The place is not big… but suits my required space.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Only suckers rent LOL.

Seriaas though, take the plunge and try your best to buy. I struggled at first looking back, but best decision I have made.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Only suckers rent LOL.

Seriaas though, take the plunge and try your best to buy. I struggled at first looking back, but best decision I have made.
Agreed, just every time I try to buy something swallows my savings so am renting still.

Paying R3500pm including water, lights, garden services and refuse removal (including emptying the sceptic tank as needed).

3 bedrooms
2 lounges
1 Study with walk in safe.
1 Laundry
1 Bathroom
Huge kitchen
Huge stoep in front
Secured stoep in back
Huge garden (if my calculations are correct around 2925 square meters? 65x45meter property).
Huge single garage.

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Agreed, just every time I try to buy something swallows my savings so am renting still.

Paying R3500pm including water, lights, garden services and refuse removal (including emptying the sceptic tank as needed).

3 bedrooms
2 lounges
1 Study with walk in safe.
1 Laundry
1 Bathroom
Huge kitchen
Huge stoep in front
Secured stoep in back
Huge garden (if my calculations are correct around 2925 square meters? 65x45meter property).
Huge single garage.
That place sounds pretty impressive! Ever thought about approaching the owner to buy it?

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
That place sounds pretty impressive! Ever thought about approaching the owner to buy it?
It's one of several houses on her now deceased husbands grandfathers plot so doubt it will ever be for sale (she has several children of which one lives on the same plot as well).

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
R5500 p/m - includes water. 2 bedroom 1 bath with smallish yard double garage.

Northwold, jhb. Happened upon it on private property. Had to put down deposit 3hours later in order to steal it out from under someone else.

Last edited:

Pho3nix

The Legend
Locations gents :)
Thanks to all those that have posted. Also where did you hear about your current abodes?

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Only suckers rent LOL.

I hear this quite often. But it is really tough to buy. Another probkem is that your first house is generally small like an apartment. You then still need to save for the bigger place.

Anonymous™

R6000/m for 110sqm in Pinelands, Cape Town.
I'm posting down the road from you; Old Mutual.

R3600. 2 bedroom apartment. Not really big but...cozy.
Where in CT?

I am presently looking for a place in the larger town vicinity. 1 / 2 bedroom place for a maximum of R8k per month. That is not going too great.

My usual rent was R6940 in Villa Italia, Century City. This was a bargain considering most folk there are looking at R7500+ for the same 2 bedroom place. Tw'as a 64sqm place.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I'm posting down the road from you; Old Mutual.

Where in CT?

I am presently looking for a place in the larger town vicinity. 1 / 2 bedroom place for a maximum of R8k per month. That is not going too great.

My usual rent was R6940 in Villa Italia, Century City. This was a bargain considering most folk there are looking at R7500+ for the same 2 bedroom place. Tw'as a 64sqm place.

In Northern Paarl

Hamster

Resident Rodent
R7000 pm excluding water/lights, Douglasdale. But it's probably going to go up to R7500-7700 in the next two months :crying:

Ms_S

R5000 pm, 600sqm, Oranjemund,Namibia, this includes water and lights..... 4 bedrooms , two bathrooms...... lekker braai..... You guys don't know how tough it is to live in a remote mining community....

:whistling:
I'm also staying in a mining town, but there just isn't enough housing for everyone, so owners can just charge what they want.
Paying R4700 for a one bed room flat, about 70sqm, electricity is another R1000 pm.
Its Lephalale.