How much do you spend on your monthly grocery bill?

L

Leonidas

Boys eat like birds .............. buzzards :)
Wait till they turn 15.

You should make some investments, right now, for that eventuality.

And also ... if you can .... keep 3 things away from them: Too much sugar, too much salt and too much processed meats.

Last edited by a moderator:

sk33Lo

Some of the amounts here are hectically shocking!

SO + 9 y.o. + 6 y.o. + 4y.o. + me = roughly R6k..... meat fruit, booze... the works

requiem

Expert Member
Some of the amounts here are hectically shocking!

SO + 9 y.o. + 6 y.o. + 4y.o. + me = roughly R6k..... meat fruit, booze... the works
Do you eat bread and jam only?

Bully beef? and papsak?

heartbroken

Expert Member
Live alone. Eat like a champ. Have friends over about twice a week. About 3k per month.

krycor

Honorary Master
Avg R750, 1 Person.. Some months it's 600 others 950 but avg acc 22Seven is 750 [groceries] this excludes personal care/bathroom stuff which is a low avg, and dinning out which varies a lot from 1-2k

Last edited:

TEXTILE GUY

Executive Member
Now, if my maid were to be putting her two cents worth in ......

R50 per month, family of 5 .... reason, food is sponsored by the boss.

(Parody - not for persons under the age 18, drink responsibly)

KingBel

Expert Member
As groceries become more expensive.. I am finding that it's actually cheaper to live on takeaways these days... as unhealthy as that is. My grocery spend as a single guy is roughly 2.5 to 3k and I can easily get by on just under R100 worth of takeaways a day.

I guess eating healthy these days has to come at a premium.

heartbroken

Expert Member
As groceries become more expensive.. I am finding that it's actually cheaper to live on takeaways these days... as unhealthy as that is. My grocery spend as a single guy is roughly 2.5 to 3k and I can easily get by on just under R100 worth of takeaways a day.

I guess eating healthy these days has to come at a premium.
That's silly talk. My spending also averages out to about R100 a day and I eat much more and much better than any take away joint. Just buy in bulk, grab half a lamb or a little piggy at a time and you are sorted. Or if you are Jewish, get a couple of chickens instead.

KingBel

Expert Member
That's silly talk. My spending also averages out to about R100 a day and I eat much more and much better than any take away joint. Just buy in bulk, grab half a lamb or a little piggy at a time and you are sorted. Or if you are Jewish, get a couple of chickens instead.
Gotta factor in laziness to cook as well