How much do you spend on your monthly grocery bill?

rietrot

Honorary Master
2 people and about R4000. This is quite easy I just buy whatever I like don't particularly budget and we eat out a few times a week(included).

I could probably reasonably feed us on R2k if I shop around, budget, plan what we eat and that kind of boring stuff.

3WA

Executive Member
sorry to say...but no more takeouts for me and the family! if the kids want pizza, ill fire up the oven and make at home. If we want burgers, ill make some at home. But sadly we wont be supporting macdonalds, kfc, debonairs, burger king, spur any longer. cant afford to anymore. have to use what was for takeaways for petrol now.
Pizza is a scam. Probably can be made at home for a quarter of what it costs from a restaurant/take-away.

KFC and Chicken Licken are quite reasonably priced. Not sure you save much by making that at home.

Sometimes I'm tempted to just eat rice, beans, and potatoes for a month or two. I did it a few times when I was younger.

Neuk_

sorry to say...but no more takeouts for me and the family! if the kids want pizza, ill fire up the oven and make at home. If we want burgers, ill make some at home. But sadly we wont be supporting macdonalds, kfc, debonairs, burger king, spur any longer. cant afford to anymore. have to use what was for takeaways for petrol now.
I wouldn't consider any of what those places produce as food, maybe some of what Spur produces but I haven't been to a Spur in a while now.

JemJem

I wouldn't consider any of what those places produce as food, maybe some of what Spur produces but I haven't been to a Spur in a while now.
i havent been to Spur in awhile too, i worked there for 4 years, so i know what happens behind closed doors...but i still know their recipe for their chocolate mousse...:p:p:p

JemJem

with the rate of inflation, and the cost of living increasing, I'm afraid soon we all of us will be having to budget..even those of us who have been living comfortably in the past.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Thats really not bad at all, if you can manage just over R4000. think i need to start a herb garden to cut costs too
When my veggie garden is in full swing I buy onions, mushrooms a few other veggies and fruit. so takes a good deal off the cost of meals.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
My budget for it as a single person is R2500 to R3000pm (that's daily food and groceries and dog food and all that).