How much do you spend on your monthly grocery bill?

JemJem

I just made a chicken salad effort for dinner tonight, just me and the boy, ingredients, R160.00
Geez Louise...thats an expensive meal...@ R160.00, but then again you probably would regard that as 'normal'.

like someone said, its all relative to how much you earn, and your priorities..

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Geez Louise...thats an expensive meal...@ R160.00, but then again you probably would regard that as 'normal'.

like someone said, its all relative to how much you earn, and your priorities..
To be honest with you, one of my perks is I get a grocery allowance, so does the better half...... I consider myself very lucky...... especially in these times...

JemJem

quite a few but mostly nothern suburbs
will have to check them out. im in the southern suburbs, so must weight up the cost of savings of shopping there, vs petrol ill have to drive out getting there....

ai..decisions, decisions...

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
and jhb is more expensive than CPT with some items ..so what would cost R5k in JHB could be R4k in CPT

cerebus

Honorary Master
Aye! But I will admit I tend to over cater.... Corned salad spears are expensive, fresh boneless breast ain't cheep either..... :unsure:
Yeah, like.. that's actually a big thing when it comes to grocery costs. If I decide to make something and I don't have half the ingredients (which happens all the time), I know it's gonna cost a lot to get the bits and bobs I need, and then I'll probably use half of this and a bit of that and the rest sits and goes off in the fridge. If you're budgeting with groceries you need to make sure you use up the vegetables and bits of meat you buy.

JemJem

Yeah, like.. that's actually a big thing when it comes to grocery costs. If I decide to make something and I don't have half the ingredients (which happens all the time), I know it's gonna cost a lot to get the bits and bobs I need, and then I'll probably use half of this and a bit of that and the rest sits and goes off in the fridge. If you're budgeting with groceries you need to make sure you use up the vegetables and bits of meat you buy.
thats true. sometimes its cheaper to buy the item than to make it, esp if you are tired coming from work, and time spent making that food. then it is better to just buy that item i guess

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
go to checkers at 4

fruit n veg and some other schit go for 50% off

most of the veg can be used for another few days ..mushrooms last few days carrots spinach potatoes herbs as well

stir fry can be used the next day depending on how soft the veg is

JemJem

go to checkers at 4

fruit n veg and some other schit go for 50% off

most of the veg can be used for another few days ..mushrooms last few days carrots spinach potatoes herbs as well

stir fry can be used the next day depending on how soft the veg is
now THATS a brilliant idea!

MrIncredible

What was special about uPrice?
First I hear of it so excuse my ignorance.
It was like pricecheck, only didn't make any mistakes with mixing up product types and names, and it showed you a graph of the price over time going back to when it first saw it, along with the minimum, maximum and average prices.

airborne

Executive Member
It was like pricecheck, only didn't make any mistakes with mixing up product types and names, and it showed you a graph of the price over time going back to when it first saw it, along with the minimum, maximum and average prices.
Sounds good, what happened to it?