• Less than R2.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wouldn't mind tipping them, I just don't work with cash

Votes: 35 12.9%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Worse when you go to one of those with paid parking and parking attendants.
Around here it's one or the other. You don't get attendants in the ticketed areas.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Depends. If I have change (or cash at all, as I don't like having cash on me) then if I feel like, I'll make up an amount on the spot.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Actually one of them even got me involved in an incident.

We went out to lunch one Sunday afternoon. There was not much space in the parking lot outside the restaurant. However, the "car guard" said no problem I could park behind one of the cars there. I wasn't really keen to do this but assumed he knew what he was doing and that the other guy might have been staff at the restaurant.

Well let's just say that half way through our meal some very angry old toppie came in a kaked me out in front of the entire restaurant for parking him in.

Of course the car guard had nothing to say though.

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
I place these "guards" on my ignore list like i do with some twats on mybb :p

epah

Expert Member
I park far enough away from the entrance that the car guards wont walk that far, and the fat pie eaters don't park close cause it too far for them to stagger to the shoprite.
If you shop at shoprite then you definitely need a parking attendant else you might come back to find someone changing their babies diaper on your bonnet.

Brian_G

Executive Member
I'm thinking of becoming a parking attendant. Maybe in Sandton.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Anywhere from R2 - R5 (R6-R10 if I am in a very good, giving mood), but I usually don't have change / cash on me....

MeestaR

Expert Member
I usually tip them R5 or so, or whatever small change I have in my wallet. I once tipped a buddy coke, on a extremely hot day, to some old parking attendant ballie, that should be in a old-age home. The sun is not kind to those people.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
IF i have cash, depending on how they interact with me, i'll tip them, but the problem is i almost never have cash on me. I think they would do well if they had a Yoco or something

upup

Executive Member
My wife were in Randburg this weekend at an event. They asked to tip the car gaurd well, as they went out, one bakkie was missing.

eg2505

Honorary Master
never tip them anything,
perfect excuse to stand around with their hands in their pocket jamming my remote.
caught more than a few doing exactly this.
and watching who goes and comes and looking the other way while your friends rob your car.
a "day job" for the burglars and Thieves at Night

see car guards as beggars wearing Hi vis,
dont see the need for them, like Petrol station attendants, why do we need them again?

Asko

Get into a paid parking mall and you see an open spot, you indicate and like magic they appear infront of you to assist yerrr... I usually just ignore their instructions and do my own thing. I got my drivers license alone as well as the car that has parking sensors, reverse camera plus the insurance I have never claimed from.

Then the most stressful thing ever to try not to respond when they greet since a greeting is like a verbal agreementI again pretend to be talking on my phone to avoid eye contact And feeling guilty.

Owning a car is expensive to now add that on top haaai

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I don't go near places with parking attendants.

This. I wish more mall owners would realise that they are losing customers by allowing car guards to operate on their premises. Car guards offer no value whatsoever. They do not guard your car, no one needs their help to reverse out of a parking spot, and I can push my own damn trolley, thank you very much.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Zero, for the most part they provide a service that is completely unnecessary and nobody asked them to do it or appointed them, zero is what they deserve ... actually they should pay me, now I have to plan my route back to the car carefully and time it like a f-ing Super Mario game to avoid them, then get in quickly and start and GTFO before they detect me

that extra effort I now need to go through is because of them, they can pay me

the one exception to this rule is if I parked in a super dodgy area / street, then I tip, not because they protected the car, but because the "parking attendant" is most likely a gangster that will fahk you up if you don't pay ... basically racketeering money