How much is paint for a house?What's the best?

ALFAHOLIC

Expert Member
HI...

What is the best value for money when it comes to painting a house...we only need to buy the paint, the owner will do the labour.

Plascon etc etc?

he must paint the house outside, and inside...

And maybe the roof too..the roof is normal tiled roof.

I know it probably depends on the type of colour...but what is a rough estimate for a normal 3 bedroom house and a garage?

I know it's not much information to work from...I don't even know the square metres of the house... I think its about 500sq...not sure.

any advice on how to buy paint, waht not to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

alfa

Burny1

HI...

What is the best value for money when it comes to painting a house...we only need to buy the paint, the owner will do the labour.

Plascon etc etc?

he must paint the house outside, and inside...

And maybe the roof too..the roof is normal tiled roof.

I know it probably depends on the type of colour...but what is a rough estimate for a normal 3 bedroom house and a garage?

I know it's not much information to work from...I don't even know the square metres of the house... I think its about 500sq...not sure.

any advice on how to buy paint, waht not to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

alfa
Depends on how long you planning on staying there. If it is only for like a year or so I would go for the cheapest contractor paint you can get. If you planning on staying there for a long period i would suggest something like Micatex from Plascon. It is R499 for 20L white on special at game at the moment. Not sure how much you gonna need though. My suggestion is to buy 5 x 20L and then add more as needed, however you probably looking at buying around 10 if you giving it 2 coats. I am busy doing my house at the moment and we have about 500 square. This is only for outside. Inside I would use Double velvet Wall and All. Not sure how much it will cost though and also only if you planning on staying there for an extended period of time. otherwise just plain pva house paint. You can also call plascon and they will come out and tell you how much you would need to buy.

ALFAHOLIC

Expert Member
THanks man...this is our 1st house...and really not permanent!

I'll try and get Plascon to come and tell us how much we'd need.

nexxus

You can also call plascon and they will come out and tell you how much you would need to buy.
They do? Wow, need to keep that in mind the next time. I don't know how accurate they'll be compared to a painter, but budget for at least a few tins extra.

ALFAHOLIC

Expert Member
Damn...did a quick calculator est...I'll call tomorow to find out how big the house is...the house has a dark colour at the mo...some fugly yellow/mustard type colour. So I'll need 2 layers...

Assuming the house is 500m2 - and using the R499 paint recomended...damn...55l x2 for two coats..my word...R27k!!!

Flip no...if that's the case,

That owner of the house can go FLY!

I thought, well was told by estate agents...lol, go figure, that its less than R10k to paint a house...damn

ALFAHOLIC

Expert Member
Ok...i was talking loads of crap...

the erf size is 281 square metres...so how big is the house then? Or is the erf size the size of the physical house and not the walled off land?

killadoob

Honorary Master
Why are you wanting to get the house painted if you do not own it?

You are paying off someone's bond and adding value to THEIR house. Assuming you are renting. You should have told the owner to paint it before you took up residence.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Why are you wanting to get the house painted if you do not own it?

You are paying off someone's bond and adding value to THEIR house. Assuming you are renting. You should have told the owner to paint it before you took up residence.
He is possibly buying the house, and just want to know how much it will cost to paint it, there are other threads open about it.

ALFAHOLIC

Expert Member
Yes the owner accepted the offer and in the contract, as soon as the bank says i've been approved, well go buy the paint and he'll paint it!!!

We worked it out...inside and out double coats and the garage and palasades and walls...R4950...

sdd

Expert Member
Give Prominent Paints a try .... good value for money.

For the least fuss option call teh Dulux Paint Shutle to come paint your house. That is what I am gonna do when my home is due for a repaint ... our neighbours had theirs done and boy was I impressed with their service.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
I found Paint Pros to be the cheapest painters in Gauteng. They helped me paint my inside. Check out this https://www.paintprossa.co.za/interior-and-exterior-coating/
Sure Gary, thank you.

This is a testimonial from "someone else's" website...

We bought an old house with the plan to restore it to its former glory. Thank you to Paintpros especially Gary for surpassing out expectations. – Linda Bekker

Thank you to PaintPros for my amazing wooden deck. Highly recommended! – Bryce Cooper

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I found Paint Pros to be the cheapest painters in Gauteng. They helped me paint my inside. Check out this https://www.paintprossa.co.za/interior-and-exterior-coating/
Did you seriously necro a 9 year old thread to push your company? You probably just pissed off everyone here that you were trying to reach. In future, most of us can see the day you registered and what posts you've made, so we're woke to the fact that you're using this as a marketing opportunity.

When marketing fails..

marco79

Expert Member
After some research I used Plascon Wall Seal or Roof Seal for Internal walls. It has an anti fungal in, and is low sheen. You can wipe off the walls with a wet cloth. Especially handy if you have kids.

Outside I used Crown Micatex. I painted about 5 or 6 years ago and at the time these were the most value for money.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The OP hasn't even been around since 2016, so yeah this thread should've been dead, if it wasn't for the marketing guru called Gary06