How much it costs to sell stuff on Takealot

The_MAC

Executive Member
All I know is that I won't be ordering anything anytime soon due to their new delivery fee rule.

I'm not going to order a bunch of stuff just to make up the minimum amount for free delivery, and ordering anything less usually works out to the same as a retail store when you factor in delivery.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I didn't know you could sell stuff on Takealot.

Do they mean as individuals or businesses?

My Opinion

I sell on takealot - they have said that only big stores and websites that receive 50k a month can sell with them

Thor

Honorary Master

Do they mean as individuals or businesses?

Takealot and BOB is essentially the same platform, but one has a warehouse.

TB100

I've used bidorbuy for many years now, and am extremely happy. Can highly recommend it. No ridiculous rules, small success fee, and I've always been able to sell my items. It has a great system for protecting both buyer and seller and there's a rating system, so you can see who's dodgy and who's trustworthy.

Thor

Honorary Master
I've used bidorbuy for many years now, and am extremely happy. Can highly recommend it. No ridiculous rules, small success fee, and I've always been able to sell my items. It has a great system for protecting both buyer and seller and there's a rating system, so you can see who's dodgy and who's trustworthy.

I tend to agree we sell on both and although BOB's interface feels like its form the early 2000's. We do have more sales and overall success on BoB.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Takealot and BOB is essentially the same platform, but one has a warehouse.
Not true: Ours has a sophisticated search which actually works on multi-term searches. We also didn't need 2bn Rand to get the business going.... and (wait for it): our fees are substantially cheaper than TAL.... (and you can literally sell anything)

I tend to agree we sell on both and although BOB's interface feels like its form the early 2000's. We do have more sales and overall success on BoB.
Don't be a hippie now. Yes, one can go with a super-fancy interface where it's all bling and slow performance. Or just have a working site with nearly five nine's in uptime and response times in subsecond ranges.

FWIW: The reporting and plugging of TAL is as usual not accurate: The staff-writer should have really investigated how the selling works, what limitations are imposed and that one can not really sell everything (first person to PM me to have sold a Veldpond coin on TAL will get a R200 voucher from us).

Dubai

Also the returns policy is terrible takealot will return items after 6 months

Divine Master of Unknown

Honorary Master
All I know is that I won't be ordering anything anytime soon due to their new delivery fee rule.

I'm not going to order a bunch of stuff just to make up the minimum amount for free delivery, and ordering anything less usually works out to the same as a retail store when you factor in delivery.
Do what I do, just buy a voucher to make up the shortfall. With your next order, you use the voucher for something you buy regularly (for me its dog food) and use cash for your gadgets. Before you go, buy another voucher!

Rinse and repeat month after month.

MickZA

Executive Member
Do what I do, just buy a voucher to make up the shortfall. With your next order, you use the voucher for something you buy regularly (for me its dog food) and use cash for your gadgets. Before you go, buy another voucher!

Rinse and repeat month after month.
Snap! :D

Thor

Honorary Master
Not true: Ours has a sophisticated search which actually works on multi-term searches. We also didn't need 2bn Rand to get the business going.... and (wait for it): our fees are substantially cheaper than TAL.... (and you can literally sell anything)

Don't be a hippie now. Yes, one can go with a super-fancy interface where it's all bling and slow performance. Or just have a working site with nearly five nine's in uptime and response times in subsecond ranges.

FWIW: The reporting and plugging of TAL is as usual not accurate: The staff-writer should have really investigated how the selling works, what limitations are imposed and that one can not really sell everything (first person to PM me to have sold a Veldpond coin on TAL will get a R200 voucher from us).

BoB till I die.

Stokstert

Executive Member

They list pets as items to be sold through them. Do they have kennels and cages for pets, who will be feeding them? Then call it Takealot Zoo. :D