How much money do you earn? And how do you spend it?

jman

Expert Member
Good thing you're in journalism, cause your maths isn't very good :p

What is happening with the other R9,031?

I hope you're saving and investing a lot. Do you have a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) yet?

I was about that age when I bought my first property on my dad's insistence (he didn't want me spending it all on booze and parties). It was during the property boom and I ended making a 60% profit when I sold. If I were to be in your position now, I would do it in a TFSA and ETF's.
How many years between where you bought and sold? Need to provide an annualised return. (i.e. if it was 2 years, it'd be great, but 10 years, not so much)

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
How many years between where you bought and sold? Need to provide an annualised return. (i.e. if it was 2 years, it'd be great, but 10 years, not so much)

Why? It's an anecdotal story to support the main point which is to save / invest. It definitely is not advise to invest in property.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
That's a lot of fast food. Is it necessary?

It is. I need to exercise more self-control. I work near fast food outlets and get tempted quite a lot especially as I don't eat breakfast nor take lunch to work. I also included my purchasing of energy drinks with that amount.

Verrayne

Yep that's insane. Can build your own damn gym with the money you put away.

It is a lot of money to spend each month.The justification that I use for myself is cause I swim every day, it is impossible to build a 25 meter pool for myself at my house. I used to be at another Virgin Active but then I would have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to get a spot in the pool.My time and sanity is also valuable.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
It is a lot of money to spend each month.The justification that I use for myself is cause I swim every day, it is impossible to build a 25 meter pool for myself at my house. I used to be at another Virgin Active but then I would have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to get a spot in the pool.My time and sanity is also valuable.

R2.5k to swim is a lot though lol

TheRealRaspeggi

I spend most of money on hookers and blow. not nasty ass hookers. clean hookers, the type you take to Dubai to go live in an underwater hotel for a month.

grim101

Any updates on your salaries... Lucky ones still have jobs, some lost their jobs.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Got a 15% promotion increase + 8% yearly increase in March. Hopefully if we meet our targets we can get another 15% of your ctc bonus and another 8% yearly increase in 2021

I’m in the property industry.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Net 33.8k devops role

Rent 7k
Petrol 2k
Car 2k
Food and entertainment 5k
Medical aid 3k
Life insurance and short term 2k
Ra and investments 8k
Cellphone and internet 2k
Cleaning R800
Rest is buffer for child and wife exspensives lol

Pho3nix

The Legend
Net 33.8k devops role

Rent 7k
Petrol 2k
Car 2k
Food and entertainment 5k
Medical aid 3k
Life insurance and short term 2k
Ra and investments 8k
Cellphone and internet 2k
Cleaning R800
Rest is buffer for child and wife exspensives lol

What exactly do you do within “DevOps” ?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
$1400 per week after tax

Rent $800 pm
Power $30 pm
Comms - $70 pm
Food - $100 pm
Insurance $25 pm
Gas $50

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
What exactly do you do within “DevOps” ?
I watch YouTube videos all day lol

I was told I do everything thats not coding and has to do IT. Official role is devops and network admin.

For the next few months its getting some security certificates for us.

froot

Honorary Master
Any updates on your salaries... Lucky ones still have jobs, some lost their jobs.
Actually been busier during lockdown than before. Have seen a lot of salaries drop.
Been counting myself (and my company) lucky to be as busy as we are.