How much more you will pay for petrol from tomorrow

Voicy

Honorary Master
We're currently paying R30/L up here in the arctic and it gives me the sads.

Those punks in their EVs don't even pay for parking or ferries or eTolls. Kinda makes it worth considering.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
We're currently paying R30/L up here in the arctic and it gives me the sads.

Those punks in their EVs don't even pay for parking or ferries or eTolls. Kinda makes it worth considering.
R30 per litre when converted
And if you convert your salary into Rands how much do you earn a month?

Voicy

Honorary Master
R30 per litre when converted
And if you convert your salary into Rands how much do you earn a month?
Yeah you make a fair point that's not lost on me.

Since we're a major oil producing nation, it kind of makes you wonder what the real price of fuel is vs how much taxes are layered on top.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

Since we're a major oil producing nation, it kind of makes you wonder what the real price of fuel is vs how much taxes are layered on top.
I didnt even know fuel came from Norway, thought it was just fish

cr@zydude

Executive Member

Average 'wholesale' prices for petrol are around 60 US cents per litre and about 50 US cents for diesel. That's at 'major' hubs around the world though. Distribution and storage do add to costs, as does retail, all before taxes.

OCP

Expert Member
Because leaving work at 18:30 to rush home to feed starving kids does not give me time to go past multiple shops ;-)

Normally have extra in stock at home and hunt for specials ... when I have time!

Dan C

Honorary Master
When I returned from Afrikaburn in 2017 I filled up on route and when I got home I still had half a tank. My car stood for 3 years and I only started using it again last year. I never had any issues whatsover starting my vehicle (it had been standing for over 9 months before the last startup) and I drove totally normally with the fuel in the tank until I had to fill up again.
I have heard people say fuel goes stale or condensation enters the tank through the breather hole etc, guess I was just lucky
I tried mine this morning... and there was no difference in performance even after 1 year of 'stale' fuel. I could easily do under 10 sec to 100km/h in our street. I'm sure if those damn kids from the creche were not playing soccer in the road it could have been faster.