How much storage capacity do you need in a smartphone?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
On Android not too much because it has a habit to corrupt files.
Hmmmm I smell a rat.

The OS itself does not corrupt data seeing that its using Linux kernel, faulty hardware or crappy 3rd party drivers can do that, malware 2, but the OS not unless Your OEM modify it heavily.

Last edited:

RokSwaab

8GB is enough for me but then again I only use my phone for whatsapp really.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Hmmmm I smell a rat.

The OS itself does not corrupt data seeing that its using Linux kernel, faulty hardware or crappy 3rd party drivers can do that, malware 2, but the OS not unless Your OEM modify it heavily.
Usually it's that the SD card isn't fast enough. Anything below class ~7 will often have android mark files as corrupt as it can't read them fast. Had this problem back when I had my first Android device and transferred my old SD card. Have only had Class 10 cards and haven't had any problems since, there were many documented cases of this, I am unsure of whether this still holds true, was back in 4.0 times when I migrated.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
No idea. Price diff was insignificant so got the biggest one.

Hmmmm I smell a rat.

haha. Linux as great as it is is definitely prone to data corruption...google ext4 issues and you'll see what I mean.

Dirtdiver

I prefer 32gig. But Ive been happy with a 16gig Iphone for two years, it was the cheapest option. I have access to the internet 99% of my life so I need 16gig, i think.

Lukavic

sorry for interrupting this forum i am new to this i would just want to know how long does it take for money to be available that is transfered from usa to south africa? days/weeks?

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
sorry for interrupting this forum i am new to this i would just want to know how long does it take for money to be available that is transfered from usa to south africa? days/weeks?
Couple of days. Other side usually needs to fill in paperwork to accept it

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Forgot to mention earlier - the fact that Netflix allows series & movies to be downloaded was a big factor in my decision to get a big one

sand_man

Honorary Master
32gig is the sweet spot for me but I won't say no to 64gb. 128gb would be over kill...

Lucasm

32gb is fear enough, because there's lots of apps to download and I also need to update apps every 2 weeks.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Probably 64GB. Already 35GB in use. Mainly photos and videos.