How much tax Vodacom's CEO and CFO paid last year

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
How much tax Vodacom CEO Shameel Joosub pays

Vodacom CEO Shameel Joosub paid R24.75 million in tax to the South African Revenue Service (SARS) on his R55 million salary over the last financial year.

This was revealed in Vodacom’s integrated report for the year ended 31 March 2021.

The report showed that Joosub earned a basic salary of R12.57 million, with short-term incentives of R17.68 million.

The short-term incentives relate to a bonus payable in June 2021, which was derived from the company’s performance for the year ended 31 March 2021.

krycor

Honorary Master
Its interesting that it avgs out to 45% (tax) as with everyone over the last tax bracket.. or am i missing something. Side note.. I wonder if he feels cheated as some claim when he is paying standard rate while others restructure salary to reduce that % just saying..

cguy

Executive Member
The media should find out if his assets/stocks have increased in value, and pretend that it’s income like they do in the US. Then they can really get some outrage going.

CB40

Expert Member
Gets paid a huge salary for doing fck all.
Their network really sucks but try and get that through to their thick heads.
Standard reply when you complain about signals.
"We have planned for a new tower in your area but due to all the red tape blah blah blah we can't say when this will happen"
Fck off Vodacom,you bunch of cnts.:mad::mad::mad:
Rant over

zoozi

Expert Member
The media should find out if his assets/stocks have increased in value, and pretend that it’s income like they do in the US. Then they can really get some outrage going.
Yeah sure, "Jeff Bezos wealth is all tied up in stock, he can't use it" *buys $175mil house and $500mil yacht in a year*. Tell me more about how the state and movement of the S&P reflects the real economy while main street middle class gets crushed. Ol' Shameel should do like they do and tax dodge.

1623786576942.png

Corelli

Expert Member
Warren Buffet is the only pensioner on the list. Give him a break. He buys at Mcdonalds using coupons too.

cguy

Executive Member
Yeah sure, "Jeff Bezos wealth is all tied up in stock, he can't use it" *buys $175mil house and $500mil yacht in a year*. Tell me more about how the state and movement of the S&P reflects the real economy while main street middle class gets crushed. Ol' Shameel should do like they do and tax dodge.

View attachment 1089525
The above is absolute nonsense - wealth growth isn't income - it doesn't matter if you can or can't sell it and use it. If you don't sell it, it's not a form of income. The idea that income tax should be based on the appreciation of your unsold assets, is completely absurd.

Also, given that Bezos paid ~1bn in tax, it's really not surprising at all that with the income he drew, he could easily afford that yacht and house. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure he could have bought it with his prior draws regardless.