How much would charge someone to format a PC and installing Windows 10 and Office 2016?

cn@

Expert Member
As per title.

Software was provided ... all legal.

Just the labour.

Grouter

Executive Member
Me: R500
But I'm cheap, I know.
For that they get all updates done and their data transferred as well.
Also, mail of their choice set up, imported if necessary, and I always ensure their contacts are imported (if they want Outlook / pop3).

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
One hours labour for PC preparation, saving files sorting out what sw the owner wants to keep and re-install.
Two hours labour to do the upgrades, even though it might take 8 hours or more, most of the time it only requires a few seconds to check on progress.
1 more hour for final clean up and verification.
This is the maximum

Last edited:

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
One hours labour for PC preparation, saving files sorting out whatvsw the owner wants to keep an re install.
Two hours labour to do the upgrades, even though it might take 8 hours or more, most of the time it only requires a few seconds to check on progress.
1 more hour for final clean up and verification .
This is the maximum
±15-20 mins to install ubuntu... :whistling:

Reactions: OCP

Brian_G

Executive Member
I would guess R600 to R800, depending on extras.

Not sure there's much of a market anymore though, most people seem to have a family member to help these days.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
I usually charge a flat rate of R 750 for a Windows 10 & MS Office install & setup on a PC or Laptop - plus any additional configuration that might be required, such as updates, email setup or data migration - as long as they have valid licence keys for all their software - and allocate an entire day for the process.

N@t3

R500
R600 with data backup
Windows 10, Office 2016, Antivirus.

Grouter

Executive Member
One hours labour for PC preparation, saving files sorting out whatvsw the owner wants to keep an re install.
1 more hour for final clean up and verification .
This is the maximum
Exactly what I do, but you didn't answer the question - How much?