How much you can save by dropping DStv for Netflix and fibre

LCBXX

Honorary Master
You cannot compare Netflix with DStv, even at the premium price-point. When you buy a DStv setup, it includes the cost of a installer coming to your place, installing and setting everything up for you so that it works as you need it to when they leave.

For a fair comparison, the above needs to be considered to get Netflix going as well.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
You cannot compare Netflix with DStv, even at the premium price-point. When you buy a DStv setup, it includes the cost of a installer coming to your place, installing and setting everything up for you so that it works as you need it to when they leave.

For a fair comparison, the above needs to be considered to get Netflix going as well.
And for another fair comparison, if you opted to use Fibre for Netflix, you arent allowed to use said fibre for anything else, just Netflix.
However if you want to use fibre for other services as well then you dont have to include that cost into netflix.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
And for another fair comparison, if you opted to use Fibre for Netflix, you arent allowed to use said fibre for anything else, just Netflix.
However if you want to use fibre for other services as well then you dont have to include that cost into netflix.
I think these articles can include statements around the requirement for a internet connection with enabling hardware (e.g. WiFi router) and the availability of a platform supporting Netflix. The catch is that DStv also offers streaming via Showmax and DStv Now when an internet connection is factored.

Perhaps the message should not be to ditch DStv for a internet streaming service but to rather inform that alternatives exist. I remember a MyBB article on this some month ago.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
I think these articles can include statements around the requirement for a internet connection with enabling hardware (e.g. WiFi router) and the availability of a platform supporting Netflix. The catch is that DStv also offers streaming via Showmax and DStv Now when an internet connection is factored.

Perhaps the message should not be to ditch DStv for a internet streaming service but to rather inform that alternatives exist. I remember a MyBB article on this some month ago.
Jip.

People also forget the part where DSTV requires internet for some services.

EADC

Expert Member
Wow you guys did this comparison just to punt Afrihost again?

IMG_20171011_121521.jpeg

Daruk

Honorary Master
That's up to R80 000 saved over 6 years if you put the money into your bond. Even more if you put it into your vehicle repayments.

randburgred

RedBox TV provides you the free streams of 1000+ channels from 15 different countries. There are sports channels, science channels, Kids channels, Indian channels, Pakistani channels, Malaysian Channels, German Channels etc. You may find yourself in the ocean of entertainment. You want to learn something new you go to Science channels. You want to watch your favorite league go to Sport category. You want enjoy a romantic evening with your love one go to entertainment category. There is a channels for every mood and every kind of person. There is a saying that the best things in world are FREE.
I have found with IPTV and with streaming sites like Total Sportek that the buffering spoils the live action and yet when watching live TV over the internet for which I pay a subscription I do not suffer this issue Why and is redbox likely to be the same

randburgred

How much you can save by dropping DStv for Netflix and fibre

Tough economic conditions have put additional strain on South African consumers, with many cutting back on unecessary spending to save money.

A large portion of households with lower monthly incomes are cutting back or have already cut back as much as they can on their DStv subscriptions.
Once a household has Fibre in their house it does not make sense to have DSTV I believe once nationwide Fibre and cheap data comes along either DSTV will only operate in neighboring states or they will change format and expand Showmax

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
That's up to R80 000 saved over 6 years if you put the money into your bond. Even more if you put it into your vehicle repayments.
And if you only eat rice for the rest of your life you can drive a Porsche too.