How Neotel shook up the South African telecoms market

sayne

this is news to me... they were meant to be competition for Telkom, honestly thought they had disappeared. Does anyone use them for anything?

MickZA

Executive Member
The direction Neotel has taken over the past 10 years has been in direct response to the demands of our customers across multiple business and government sectors
... and has totally ignored residential areas :mad:

adielk

Expert Member
Irrelevant for my purposes.

But some businesses find them quite useful.

Syphonx

Expert Member
Vumatel and the other fibre providers have done more in 2 years than Neotel in 10

Conack

Expert Member
Wait, what?
Someone forgot the "Posted in partnership with Neotel"?

j4ck455

Executive Member
Where does Neotel mention that the decision to use CDMA2000 is one of their "bestest successes"?

SilverCode

I was expecting to find an empty article. When I saw there was actually content, I expected to see "Published in partnership with Neotel" at the bottom. After finding neither of those, I still have no interest in reading about how Neotel didn't do anything of any significance for the average person.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
this is news to me... they were meant to be competition for Telkom, honestly thought they had disappeared. Does anyone use them for anything?
Their presentation at the MyBB conference went something like 'hey remember us. We still exist'.

Swa

Honorary Master
Pity I don't see them anywhere. It's like building that big city in the sky in the desert and then just waiting for people to come but nobody ever does.

kilos

Expert Member
Neotel introduced faster fiber based bandwidth at affordable prices to the Wisp and business sector, more so than Telkom.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Neotel brought the Internet to SA? The propaganda in that article is worthy of the North Korean media. How did they make those claims at the conference without the audience rolling in the aisles?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Haha I remember these gits did a campaign in my suburb. Wanted me to ditch my then 4mb adsl in favour of their 56k wireless solution.

Wut?