How NiceHash was hacked and its Bitcoin stolen

medicnick83

Paramedic
You know, in today's age, everyone is going to get hacked, and by everyone, I mean, if you are successful, have money, or have pissed people off - you're in the firing line.
It was bound to happen, but I also think this was an inside job by what he told us in the live stream last night.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Yeah sure, that one guy is a known cyber criminal who already did jailtime :crylaugh:

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
You know, in today's age, everyone is going to get hacked, and by everyone, I mean, if you are successful, have money, or have pissed people off - you're in the firing line.
It was bound to happen, but I also think this was an inside job by what he told us in the live stream last night.

Yeah, agree.... and this
using one of its engineer’s credentials.
Credentials? Including certificate? Ja boet...

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Capture.PNG

LOL. Their faces say everything. Ons is in *** boet!

dekana

I'm sorry, but any bitcoin related business that doesn't store the majority of its bitcoin n cold storage honestly deserves whatever they get

If they survive this I'll be very surprised ( Think MtGox )

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
I'm sorry, but any bitcoin related business that doesn't store the majority of its bitcoin n cold storage honestly deserves whatever they get

If they survive this I'll be very surprised ( Think MtGox )
This is not their BTC that's been stolen, it's their clients.

Exactly how would cold storage help when it was the transaction details that were tampered with?

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
So what could they have done to mitigate these risks? There has to be a block chain based solution that could have prevented changes to the payout addresses without authorized consent...