Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Every 6-12 months

Votes: 49 27.8%
  • Never

Votes: 55 31.3%

• Total voters

Bernie

Expert Member
With little kids we tend to go see all the new kids movies that come out.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
The pricing is a bit overpriced ! Especially your refreshments !
A movie ticket for one today with their popcorn, drink and smarties amounts to R110.00

Ster Kinekor and Nu Metro - if you want to be viable for families to stream back to the theaters , consider a family pack special of say R200 for a family of three and R250 for a family of four which includes the refreshments !

Where are those days when R50 bucks paid for your ticket and refreshments ? Just too darn expensive for families to go to the movies today:(

paul5186

Expert Member
About 6 times a year at least. Try only go to cinema prestige, at least I don't have someone knocking my chair from behind.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Go about 2 times a month if there is something to watch in 2D (I will not 3D or 4DX), only on Wednesdays when it is R50 (parking is R5 in the evening). Do not buy popcorn or drinks there.

Fro

The pricing is a bit overpriced ! Especially your refreshments !
A movie ticket for one today with their popcorn, drink and smarties amounts to R110.00

Ster Kinekor and Nu Metro - if you want to be viable for families to stream back to the theaters , consider a family pack special of say R200 for a family of three and R250 for a family of four which includes the refreshments !

Where are those days when R50 bucks paid for your ticket and refreshments ? Just too darn expensive for families to go to the movies today:(

A 2D movie on a Tuesday at Ster-Kinekor is less than R40. You don't have to buy snacks, especially if you eat something before or after the movie.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
A 2D movie on a Tuesday at Ster-Kinekor is less than R40. You don't have to buy snacks, especially if you eat something before or after the movie.

Exactly, they're pretty much in the snack business and not the movie business.

I only go if I'm forced to with friends/family. Otherwise I prefer watching in the comfort of my own home.

cnichas

Used to go quite a bit but its become a rip off and now with that I have fibre streaming has become my preffred option for entertainment

Arzy

Honorary Master
Think the last movie I saw in a cinema was gangs of new york and that was because I sat down in the wrong cinema, don't recall what I was actually going to watch.

Venomous

Honorary Master
1-3 times a month most months
Note we do not have DSTV.
Watch online streamed stuff like on netflix and we get about 50% off with our multiply card at numetro and we take water and sometimes a nibble with us.

There are months like October, where the days merged into eachother and the month melted away. Suddenly it was November.

mpdjhb

Once every few years - and its progressively worse and worse for more and more $$.

Last time (Ghosbusters), sound quality was terrible, service was slow and painful, experience overall was sub standard.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Current rate is about once every 3 years, but there's no option for that in the poll, so nothing selected.

bigboy529

Expert Member
If once per year it's a lot, last time was in May this year killing time at the mall in Richards Bay when we didn't have a car. Before that probably in 2015.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Think the last movie I saw in a cinema was gangs of new york and that was because I sat down in the wrong cinema, don't recall what I was actually going to watch.

You should be in government!