Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Every 6-12 months

Votes: 49 27.8%
  • Never

Votes: 55 31.3%

• Total voters

redspark

Expert Member
Twice a year, max. I go mainly for the 3D experience. I think my last visit was in Jun/Jul. I watched Beauty and the beast with my significant other :love:

redspark

Expert Member
I see it as a life stages thing:
students at school: all the time
Students at Uni: almost never, unless your dating
Dating: yes
Newly weds, sometimes
couples with primary school kids, yes
couples with high school kids, never (youre not allowed to go with them:))

Too true, lol. I am between the last two stages :whistling:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Couple times a year maybe. Most often during school holidays.

Depends on what gets released and how much I want to see it. This year been 3 times will be 4 when Last Jedi comes out.

Last time I went was probably about 5 years ago or so.
I have no interest in ever going to the movies again.

Large screen 4K televisions and good sound have, mostly, made cinemas redundant -Captain Obvious.

Basically whenever a new Star Wars movie comes out! It's normally a boys' night out with my brothers.

All of the above!!

Even with Discovery discounts, for me and my daughter it's a R300+ outing after snacks and drinks etc etc etc (Prestige The Zone) and then there's the obligatory pee break 20 minutes before the end of the film.

And then I took her to see Batman vs Superman and it scared her so we left 30 minutes in.

Much better to wait and watch at home.

raind33r

Expert Member
All of the above!!

Even with Discovery discounts, for me and my daughter it's a R300+ outing after snacks and drinks etc etc etc (Prestige The Zone) and then there's the obligatory pee break 20 minutes before the end of the film.

And then I took her to see Batman vs Superman and it scared her so we left 30 minutes in.

Much better to wait and watch at home.

Yup, I avoid it as much as possible. Tickets and snack prices are ridiculously expensive.

vic777

Expert Member
Almost never. Rape prices for the snacks, and there are usually idiots using their phones - which makes it hard to enjoy the movie with phone screens glaring all around