How often do you see a car that looks like yours ?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I was quite surprised this morning when I saw another car that looks just like mine. I did see another one during the December holidays but it had an EC plate and since then I have not seen it again. Today I saw one with a CA plate so now I feel slightly less unique. As they say, your car is an extension of your personality so it seems I have copy?

So I'm wondering, how often do you see cars that looks like just like yours, and if not that often, what makes your car so unique?

The Copy from The Cape :
another.jpg

BCO

Honorary Master
I've not seen a car just like mine on the road in Joburg.

GreyBush

Executive Member
I hardly ever see my car on the road (Lancer) but then i go to Mauritius for work and every taxi is a Lancer. Was not impressed.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I guess the easy way to have a unique car is a to buy a Defender or Hilux and fit various 4x4 accessories to it. None of them look the same to me and we have quite a few here in Stellenbosch. Plaas bakkies also seem fairly unique up close but on the distance one white Hilux with black rails on the back look the same as the next.

flarkit

Executive Member
Around once or twice a month, I pass a silver Cerato 1.6 like mine. Makes me proud to see more people supporting the new range of Korean motors

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I also feel like that when I see a Cerato, not that I own one, but they are very pleasing on the eye. I felt that way before about the Cruze but there are enough of them out there now and the Cerato looks a lot nicer than the Cruze. I see a few Corsa D's on the road but most are dark silver or white. Oriental blue (or baby blue as I call it) seems to be very rare.

4cer

Expert Member
Alfa 147 with imported rims ;) i only ever see the 77kw version of my car not the 89KW...

lerouc

I live in Somerset West and once i was sitting at a robot and in front of me was exactly the same Hilux as mine with the exact same canopy (which is not the standard the dealers put on by default) with the exact same ZA sticker on the back bought from outdoor warehouse and it was on the same spot as where i put mine.

If i was not sitting in my own bakkie i would've reported by bakkie stolen! ;)

Paul_S

Expert Member
Around once or twice a month, I pass a silver Cerato 1.6 like mine. Makes me proud to see more people supporting the new range of Korean motors

In which part of Gauteng do you drive? I see 1.6 and 2.0 Cerato's on the N1 and R21 practically every day.
I spot a silver Cerato about once every 2 or 3 days - white and grey seems to be a bit more popular than silver.

Loopin

I drive a 1998 white Honda Ballade, which is pretty common in Cape Town. Mine does still have yellow number plates though, I don't think that's very common.

Sensorei

Executive Member
I have a Golf 5 TDI which is quite common but mine is shadow blue which is quite rare so I see another every 2/3 weeks. I have the colour coded GTi rear bumper and tailpipes as well and I haven't seen any other TDIs with that. Standard Golf 5 bumper is fugly.

flarkit

Executive Member
In which part of Gauteng do you drive? I see 1.6 and 2.0 Cerato's on the N1 and R21 practically every day.
I spot a silver Cerato about once every 2 or 3 days - white and grey seems to be a bit more popular than silver.

Perhaps it's more the times that I'm on the highways, rather than the area :D

I tend to commute at 05h00, returning at 15h00, or else at 09h00, returning at 19h00.

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Hilux wtf -plenty dutchman have those

I guess the easy way to have a unique car is a to buy a Defender or Hilux and fit various 4x4 accessories to it. None of them look the same to me and we have quite a few here in Stellenbosch. Plaas bakkies also seem fairly unique up close but on the distance one white Hilux with black rails on the back look the same as the next.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Audi A4 estate 2.0T with 19` rims and sports kit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab