How one FNB Connect customer fought against “unfair” bundle depletion – and won

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
Seems the same with airtime.
Current month minutes get used first and carry over minutes then gets used.

Totempole

Expert Member
While many smartphone users are eager to complain about data pricing or bundle expiry, few are willing to switch networks or take legitimate action.
Actually, I don't even bother to complain anymore. Dumped Cell C for Telkom Mobile years ago and never looked back.

Equally bad support and network coverage, but none of the OOB charges.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So I should go to the banking ombudsman for my issue since WASPA couldn't help? They sent me a SMS and the STOP number to opt out does not work.

Reactions: McT

Swa

Honorary Master
Is Vodacom still doing this? Pity we don't have a cellular ombudsman.

Reactions: McT

whatwhat

Executive Member
See what happens when you complain.

Imagine if all the thousands of unhappy people actually managed to complain and raise issues instead of just bitching around the braai.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
That's good news. I'm pleased to hear that someone had the backbone to stand up and fight back. Monolithic companies often think that they can do whatever they want and everyone will just comply.

whatwhat

Executive Member
That's good news. I'm pleased to hear that someone had the backbone to stand up and fight back. Monolithic companies often think that they can do whatever they want and everyone will just comply.
Par for course in South Africa though. "Kak en betaal" has always been the South African motto. In the industry you just call it "stupid people tax" when you fleece them.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Par for course in South Africa though. "Kak en betaal" has always been the South African motto. In the industry you just call it "stupid people tax" when you fleece them.
Sad, but true. But the same can be said for the global population. There's one born every minute.

Gathu

Is Vodacom still doing this? Pity we don't have a cellular ombudsman.
Yes, they definitely are - when I went in to complain about this issue I was told this is normal practice. Not much room to switch from the thieves here in the more rural areas as the other companies are very crappy compared to Vodacom in terms of network speed and coverage.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Yes, they definitely are - when I went in to complain about this issue I was told this is normal practice. Not much room to switch from the thieves here in the more rural areas as the other companies are very crappy compared to Vodacom in terms of network speed and coverage.
You can roam on Vodacom if you use Cell C.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Got no bundle problems where, but can I please turn the goddamn notification off to my main number that originate from the linked SIMs.

FFS I don't need 20 notifications for the same thing. I don't need notifications at all actually.

Swa

Honorary Master
The worse thing is the response I got when I pointed it out. Jannie claimed that Vodacom can never win - don't have rollover and people complain, have rollover and people complain. Apparently unable to understand that rollover without FIFO is useless. Farking thieves. I'm glad I became a net burden on their network.