How South Africans are tricked into signing up for R7-per-day SMS services

cozinsky

Expert Member
Any WASP services use dishonest and use deceiving tactics to lure users into a subscription service which offers zero value. It should be outlawed as an unfair business practice. It's a tragedy that all cell phone providers are complicit in this purely for the money.

upup

Executive Member
I get them daily. How can I ask these friendly people to stop offering me their services. stop send tho which ever number don't work.

lexis

It's a tragedy that all cell phone providers are complicit in this purely for the money.

Can't agree more. That's the reason why I ditched all contracts and moved to pay-as-you-go. If they ever try to steal my money again, I ditch the sim card, lose 5 bucks and get a new number.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Oh come on, anyone with a half a brain can see that this is a scam from the very first sms. What do you think is going to happen when you get a random sms promising you a "reward" out of the blue? People who fall for this are the same kind of people who get scammed on dating websites.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I get them daily. How can I ask these friendly people to stop offering me their services. stop send tho which ever number don't work.

Basically don't reply.
I get one every second month, am on a contract with CellC.

Android also has a spam manager built in.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Oh come on, anyone with a half a brain can see that this is a scam from the very first sms. What do you think is going to happen when you get a random sms promising you a "reward" out of the blue? People who fall for this are the same kind of people who get scammed on dating websites.

I have to agree with this, you have to really be some kind of special stupid to actually go through with this to the end.
People who get scammed by this deserve the school fees taken from them.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

I have to agree with this, you have to really be some kind of special stupid to actually go through with this to the end.
People who get scammed by this deserve the school fees taken from them.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/787461-SCAM-Doctor-Mobile-LLC-–-Droid6000

Nephew_

Ooh, the R7/day was only once mentioned, nicely hidden between other text. They should not get a life ban not 4 weeks.
On Cell C, just dial *133# and black list yourself from any of these.

TheGuy

Expert Member

Not everybody has the same intelligence and education has you. Don't you think those people should be protected?

Praeses

Expert Member
Ooh, the R7/day was only once mentioned, nicely hidden between other text. They should not get a life ban not 4 weeks.
On Cell C, just dial *133# and black list yourself from any of these.

"Sorry! This code is not active on the network"

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Not everybody has the same intelligence and education has you. Don't you think those people should be protected?

Correct. These WASPs adds nothing of value, ever. I cannot understand why they are still allowed to exist legally.