How South Africans create and remember their passwords

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
How South Africans create and remember their passwords

Research by Kaspersky has found that the vast majority of South African users think up their own passwords rather than using a password manager.

The study found that 87% of South African users think up their own passwords while 72% are unaware of how to check if any of their credentials have been compromised.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
This Kaspersky?

Flywheel

Honorary Master
I usually create passwords using combinations of alphanumerica charcters and numbers. Something that is also easy to remember - for example - C0rpOray$hin/!104. That's not any of my passwords though.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
This Kaspersky?

Job creation. You got to have an antivirus for all those viruses, especially the ones we create and/or manipulate :thumbsup:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Bitwarden for just $10 per year. OSS and e2ee. No brainer.

I usually create passwords using combinations of alphanumerica charcters and numbers. Something that is also easy to remember - for example - C0rpOray$hin/!104. That's not any of my passwords though.
No thanks not going to muck about doing that.

markings

Expert Member
I use LastPass for my financial accounts where there is no immediate access to money. If there is immediate access I always type in my passphrase and have 2FA enabled, if that is available. Every such account has a different passphrase, not just a password.
For other accounts which I consider unimportant and don't worry too much if it would get hacked I use a common passphrase.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I use Apple's Keychain. It's free and syncs across all my devices.

splattie

Keepass for me on a flash drive thanks, done with password rage :ROFL::laugh::ROFL: