How South Africa's digital Covid-19 vaccine passport will work

dsi

konfab

Honorary Master
So you would prefer the tourism sector dies?
Why would that happen? Does the covid-19 virus go and arrest people for selling cooked chicken?

If they were clever, they would state the opposite, and say that SA will be a proudly vaccine free passport area.

Gyre

Expert Member
:ROFL:

Why would you not lie about that? You don't want the pensioner discounts?

I probably could, but I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself at night. It's like finding R100 on the street, on one hand I'm happy that I can buy Kentucky but on the other I know I might be depriving somebody of something they need.

I feel that if I disagreed with an establishment, I simply wouldn't go there instead of trying to BS my way in.

markings

Expert Member
So many posts with excuses which may have had some validity a year. Now they just sound ignorant and repetitive. One year on, plenty of good data and nothing learned.

Last edited:

markings

Expert Member
The CDC and other bodies have said that vaccinated people likely carry and spread the newer variants at the same rate as unvaccinated people. Therefore, purely based on logic, WTF is the point of a "vaccine passport": it doesn't prove anything about your ability or inability to carry and transmit the disease?
There is a very good point and that is to keep the unvaccinated who will end up in hospital away from places which are conducive to spreading the virus. The vaccinated, if infected, will stay at home for a few days with flu like symptoms until they feel better.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
When I asked why this could not be done before I was told all info is anonymous and there was no way they could track you buy your ID number ect :unsure: