How South Africa's GDP per capita has dropped since 1990

R13...

Honorary Master
So we're talking world average, as general as possible,and you're taking a selected subset thereof (yay, we can beat other countries going backwards by not going backwards as fast as them!) and you accuse me of being selective? You literally went and selected specific regions! Are you kidding?
You people should try reading posts the post you're quoting is replying to. Your fellows made the point SA was lagging the rest of the world so I superimposed some of that rest of the world for you to see. But with you lot it's like herding cats. I don't think expect to turn your Pharaoh hearts just informing everyone else.

Messugga

Honorary Master
You people should try reading posts the post you're quoting is replying to. Your fellows made the point SA was lagging the rest of the world so I superimposed some of that rest of the world for you to see. But with you lot it's like herding cats. I don't think expect to turn your Pharaoh hearts just informing everyone else.

You replied to me who said we were lagging against the rest of the world. You then accused me of being selective for some reason. You tried to substantiate some claims by being... Selective. And now that your error is pointed out to you, you deflect. Are you sure you're not one of our fearless leaders in parliament? It's very much their Modus operandi.

Anyway, you're wrong. The other dude is wrong. The facts are what they are and they are that we as a country are lagging behind the rest of the world and it's getting worse, which was the point the article made. So there. No point in arguing it further.

jackshiels

Expert Member

You are wasting your time trying to present reality to a group of people completely detached from it. MyBB has become a home for the culturally derelict and racially prejudiced.

cr@zydude

Executive Member

View attachment 915167

Yeah, lets compare us to those other African countries that are doing so great in life... :rolleyes: Lets rather not, and just look locally.

That graph would show a slightly different picture if you rebased at 1910.

That would show a 1040% increase in the black population, an 850% increase in the coloured population, a 260% increase in the white population and an 840% increase in the Asian population. Where exactly is the line that defines 'breeding like rabbits'?

Sollie

Honorary Master
To end the arguments ...

No, it's not okay to be the best of the rest.

Petec

Expert Member
Because they aren't "breeding like rabbits" mate. Our fertility rate is pretty low for an African country, but good job on saying what the people at the braai fire think is the absolute truth.
Common dude. Look at the census stats and look at the population graphs for the last 80 odd years. You can’t deny reality.

krycor

Honorary Master
If our population can stop multiplying like rabbits, this may get better. But noooooo. Gots to gets them babies out.

It also doesn't help that we have an unemployment rate of close to 40% and some people who are impoverished just continue to push out offspring like it's our national sport

Now .. without going into the whole issue of economy not using its workforce thus inefficient story the birth rate is HEAVILY dependent on economic well-being of citizens.

If people had a future, they generally pump less babies out as they focus on said future. This is particularly true for women.. so.. what is the future like for a black woman (majority & majority in poverty.. I’m not doing the dumb DA thing to appease whites) in SA? Is it better than before? Yes.. has it improved vs other groups in its standing? No. Population growth in SA is heading down since urbanization started but that plateaus.. the bigger push to stabilize it is education and economic uplifting.. so yah..

Maybe instead of focusing on birth rate people need to look at SA economy like business people.. that’s our consumer base u can sell to.. well if they had jobs.

If people focused energy on forcing gov to fix education system for all we’d be in a better place right now.. instead people focus on taking out gov, profiteering, supplying tiny consumer base of the past etc so duh.

Again you can bitch all u want about gov, but when u throw in the towel, say you liquidating assets and moving abroad etc you lose all right to complain. And while many see starting a political party to take on gov, or working to remove WC from SA (which is a joke) you wasting time and money when you focusing on a minority. That same time and money is more effective in legal systems and audit systems to hold gov to account legally as proven over and over in SA.

Petec

Expert Member
How about you come with me into the townships, when it’s “payday” and the kids are supposed to get their grants.
No food for them, but rather a slap upside the head as their parents buy booze and smokes with that grant money. It’s utterly soul destroying to witness these poor kids and the situation they are in.
This is the hard reality for the majority of impoverished kids in SA currently, and to not take this reality into account when looking at the future of SA, is a blindfolded nativity and especially disingenuous to the suffering of the children who did not ask for this.

rustypup

Expert Member
This is the hard reality for the majority of impoverished kids in SA currently
Wait until you read the research on the impact poor childhood nourishment has on mental development.

It's a self-perpetuating travesty...

Milano

Honorary Master
Some of those on this forum claim to care for the poor but their primary measure of success is their own self-enrichment under the current morally and ethically bankrupt corrupt ruling party while poverty constantly increases through their actions. Reminds me of the story they love telling about the privileged under an earlier system. Yet they are entirely content to enjoy privileged self-enrichment while the masses of poor suffer completely void of any cognitive ability to recognise the irony. The most amusing part is that they try to fool themselves into believing their **** smells better while disingenuously claiming to hold some imaginary moral higher ground :ROFL: :ROFL:

Bruce Banner

So who is moving to Orania ?
Seems Covid and SA's downward spiral has not hit them...well done ORANIA

ponder

Honorary Master
If people focused energy on forcing gov to fix education system for all we’d be in a better place right now.. instead people focus on taking out gov, profiteering, supplying tiny consumer base of the past etc so duh.

Again you can bitch all u want about gov, but when u throw in the towel, say you liquidating assets and moving abroad etc you lose all right to complain.

That same time and money is more effective in legal systems and audit systems to hold gov to account legally as proven over and over in SA.

We spend more than 20% of our budget on education which is more than many western countries. It's mismanaged, stolen etc etc How exactly are you gonna force gov to fix it, they don't give a fark.

As long as you're a citizen you have every right to complain just like you still have every right to vote while overseas.

It's a losing battle costing taxpayers more and more money, you'll spend your whole life in court and those at the top running this criminal gov will never see the inside of a jail cell. And to top it off they are because the people want them there.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Because developing countries typically experience a population explosion post-industrialisation, which tapers off. It's a good measure. Also don't discount Botswana. But regardless, 2.33/head is not very high anyway.

South Africa is not a post-industrial economy.

vigras rojara

Expert Member
Some of those on this forum claim to care for the poor but their primary measure of success is their own self-enrichment under the current morally and ethically bankrupt corrupt ruling party while poverty constantly increases through their actions. Reminds me of the story they love telling about the privileged under an earlier system. Yet they are entirely content to enjoy privileged self-enrichment while the masses of poor suffer completely void of any cognitive ability to recognise the irony. The most amusing part is that they try to fool themselves into believing their **** smells better while disingenuously claiming to hold some imaginary moral higher ground :ROFL: :ROFL:

That's quite a statement - could you name them?