How stupid is this government??

John Tempus

Expert Member
You must leave the restaurant early enough so you are at home before 22H00. If you drink at a place where you sleep overnight, then you can drink until 22H00.
This is what people fail to understand. The regulations state you need to be at your registered home by 10pm. You cant sleep over somewhere else. Please do that and get caught, you will be arrested. This government does not understand their own policies.

Also if you are forced to leave before 10pm , you better stop drinking at 5pm else you might just be forced to drive beyond alcohol levels allowed and be arrested.

The curfew is the government loophole to keep places empty while still having the right to say we allowed alcohol again.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Permits are still a thing in case people have forgotten about those. The curfew is only there to prevent people from wandering the streets without good reason.
Correct! Travelling restaurant staff get issued a travel permit by the business owner/manager/head of institution allowing them to travel beyond the curfew specified time...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
This is what people fail to understand. The regulations state you need to be at your registered home by 10pm. You cant sleep over somewhere else. Please do that and get caught, you will be arrested. This government does not understand their own policies.

Also if you are forced to leave before 10pm , you better stop drinking at 5pm else you might just be forced to drive beyond alcohol levels allowed and be arrested.

The curfew is the government loophole to keep places empty while still having the right to say we allowed alcohol again.
Accommodation, hospitality venues and tours will be permitted, according to approved protocols to ensure social distancing.
Also, permits. If you have good enough reason for being on the road (call-out at work, or are driving from work), they just record your name and ID and let you go. They have an option of calling the person listed on the permit as GM/CEO/etc.

sand_man

Honorary Master
How Stupid is this government?
You forget we had a president with no more than a standard 1.... I mean, warranted, he could probably run rings around most in any form of dispute or negotiation, but a standard 1??!

CT_Biker

Expert Member
The problem is "-" is not a standard separator between hours and minutes, it's most often used to denote a difference between two times ie 12:30 - 13:30 would be between 12:30 and 13:30 or 12:30 to 13:30.

TL;DR? 12-30 = -18.
This is stupid as arguing against the use Bar as a measuring unit because it is not included in SI docs

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
To OP, why not buy in bulk, leave the bar early and continue drinking at home? Regarding your time format, there are things called standards. Else, you would buy a nut at Midas and fasten it on a bolt obtained from Sipho's bolts and nuts.

lunch

Just in case you did not get my first message it is the correct way to tell the time as it differentiates (for you that means the difference) between 10-00 in the morning and 10-00 at night, I actually feel sorry for you, you have been on this site for 12 years and dont know the difference, just to educate you a little bit since you asked time on the 24 hour clock starts at 00-01 hrs thats one minute past midnight OK then it goes right through the day (eg 13-21 hrs would be 21 minutes after 1-00 pm, pm being in the afternoon in case you dont know that either) and ends at 24-00 hrs being midnight, here endeth your lesson.
cringe

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Great so from Tuesday 18th August 2020 we can visit a restaurant or go to a bar for a drink but only until 22-00 hrs as that is the time they must close, OK so far so good, now you get up at 22-00 hrs to go home and get arrested for breaking the 22-00 hr curfew? Am I missing something here?
Given how you type the date with - instead of with a :, and then not understanding that's our issue and not the 24 hour format, I think it would be safe to assume you qualify to be in government.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Great so from Tuesday 18th August 2020 we can visit a restaurant or go to a bar for a drink but only until 22-00 hrs as that is the time they must close, OK so far so good, now you get up at 22-00 hrs to go home and get arrested for breaking the 22-00 hr curfew? Am I missing something here?
Just leave a bit earlier. Takes me 5 minutes to walk home from the local joint.

binkybozo

Makes me think. So if restaurants are open till 22:00 and the curfew is at 22:00 what happens with the staff on their way home?
Guess Restaurants will have to close early enough that they can close out and let staff leave prior to curfew?
I was wondering about that as well.

Cray

Honorary Master
Was answered, permits, the staff receive permits allowing them to travel outside of curfew.
They are going to give out essential work permits to every member of staff working in the restaurant industry?

Also, what about the customers?

Drifter

Honorary Master
Makes me think. So if restaurants are open till 22:00 and the curfew is at 22:00 what happens with the staff on their way home?
Guess Restaurants will have to close early enough that they can close out and let staff leave prior to curfew?
Staff have a grace period.