How Supersonic became the top fibre ISP in South Africa

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Vice

Expert Member
I bear witness to the effect that since they took over, the network is much stable. I don't remember when last we had an outage. The performance of the network is also much more improved.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Currently they are joke on Openserve. They can't seem to fix their IPC issues which is crippling the service. Cancelled and moved to Afrihost pure Fibre. What a difference. When Supersonic works it works really really well but something is wrong on Openserver with them because it's bad. 400ms to google JHB at night it's horrible.

nivaga

The Whatsapp customer service statement is laughable - it is a terrible customer experience. When I tried to sign up a few months ago and got no response I sent them an email. This told me I had to use Whatsapp. So I had to copy and paste my query into Whatsapp. Some half day later I get a response "Hi - how can I help". Had to retype my query (a 3rd time) because it was clearly not available to the CSR prompted to respond. Again about half a day wait until a response. Eventually after the 14 working days they had asked me to give them I replied giving them an ultimatum to provide feedback or consider my signup cancelled. Again after a half day wait I was told a CSR would call in next hour. That never happened (nor any missed calls) so the following day I replied again telling them to consider my application cancelled. No reponse this time even after 4 hours! Apart from the clear lack of capacity or hunger to sign up new business, WhatsApp that has 4 hour delays is POINTLESS and just irritating. Rather just use email if you are not going to chat in realtime and have the info available.

flarkit

Executive Member
Super who? Top fibre ISP? When did this happen? Did they sponsor the article or something?

yebocan

Executive Member
was all set to take advantage of their "free installation, no contract" offer...till halfway through the sales call, "clawback of 24 months" - vs Afrihost current offer... - sorry, not a fan of being locked into 24 month contracts

cavedog

Honorary Master
was all set to take advantage of their "free installation, no contract" offer...till halfway through the sales call, "clawback of 24 months" - vs Afrihost current offer... - sorry, not a fan of being locked into 24 month contracts
Right now they are the worst ISP on Openserve even small ISPs like inforgro is better. My Supersonic details are still active until the 25th of this month then I'm done with this company.

Good network but NOC does not know nothing. Big issues with Openserve and they are clueless charging me a massive amount to cancel. Got it all back from Afrihost and their network has been rock solid so far.

ripclaw

Currently they are joke on Openserve. They can't seem to fix their IPC issues which is crippling the service. Cancelled and moved to Afrihost pure Fibre. What a difference. When Supersonic works it works really really well but something is wrong on Openserver with them because it's bad. 400ms to google JHB at night it's horrible.
I was just about to reply saying that @cavedog would disagree, and you beat me to it.