How to become rich in South Africa: Michael Jordaan

krycor

Honorary Master
uhm.. he doesn't really impart the info the title says unless assuming he meant start a small business.. meh, how many businesses in SA were started fairly i.e. open competition. Then look to the US and ask the same question.

There is only one rule really other than getting the correct product at the right time where the need is apparent.... get an advantage, legislative or initial capital cost of r&d, then work to maintain that distance. The minute that is gone, it's game over. Thats literally what keeps some companies where they are. The time this changes i.e. via disruption is because they disrupt the cost of starting(the distance u built up from rest) with the exact same business with same perceived quality/service, is where businesses struggle.

Last edited:

Absinth

uhm.. he doesn't really impart the info the title says unless assuming he meant start a small business.. meh, how many businesses in SA were started fairly i.e. open competition. Then look to the US and ask the same question.

There is only one rule really other than getting the correct product at the right time where the need is apparent.... get an advantage, legislative or initial capital cost of r&d, then work to maintain that distance. The minute that is gone, it's game over. Thats literally what keeps some companies where they are. The time this changes i.e. via disruption is because they disrupt the cost of starting(the distance u built up from rest) with the exact same business with same perceived quality/service, is where businesses struggle.

Just to add to your point:
Opportunities with ease of access will open you to other competitors much quicker, meaning you will only have a very short time frame to actually make your money.

Starting SME's in SA is becoming too difficult, as there are too many legislative hoops to jump through.

Starting a CC was "easy", until too many people with criminal ideas started to abuse it, and now the business starters are negatively impacted.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
anybody watch shark tank.... that rugby guy had me in stitches!!! it a numbers game!!!

azbob

Honorary Master
Luck is when hard work meets opportunity.
I hate it when people say : you are so lucky. No I'm not. I worked my ass off.

Are you a billionaire? Then you're not working hard enough.

this article is just paid-for pimping of Jordaan.

I know rich people, I am sure everyone does. Here is what I learnt from them and how to get rich in SA:

1. They profit off of people's stupidity, remember a fool and his money are always soon parted? They capitialise on that.
2. And they avoid paying tax at all costs. There was a post here about people keeping cash in a safe at home? There you go, draw your own conclusions
3. They own about 20-30 shelf CC and use them to avoid paying tax
4. They steal