How to buy Amazon specials that don’t deliver to South Africa

Neville

Just popping in to show some love for postbox-courier.

I see your MyUS and Scotts posts and I'm happy for y'all, but I won't be changing forwarding company anytime soon.
Can you give an example or two of what their courier fees were to bring something in from the US?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Can you give an example or two of what their courier fees were to bring something in from the US?
Yup.

I've done this twice.

Eye test at Torga Optical a little over two weeks ago - R400,00

Two pairs of prescription glasses and a spare frame, ordered on the 29th of December - R1 005,04

Forwarding to SA - R495,58

Postbox-Courier should have them on a flight to SA by the weekend.

R1 900,62

Done.

This was June 2018 and around R800 odd, all-in. There was a similar thread at the time.

View attachment 994192

From a previous thread:

The new order was delivered on the 28th of January:

View attachment 1027982

There was one additional fee at customs, R323,88.

So, two pairs with my prescription and a spare frame for R2 224,50.

10/10 will order from Zenni again.

Neville

I tried to get a quote on pricing from postbox-courier but like any other regular courier, they want dimensions and weight of the parcel. How the heck must I get that for anything you buy online? Its not as if Amazon list package dimensions and weight with anything they sell...is one just supposed to bite the bullet and hope the courier fee is not more than the item you are buying?

Botha22

I tried to get a quote on pricing from postbox-courier but like any other regular courier, they want dimensions and weight of the parcel. How the heck must I get that for anything you buy online? Its not as if Amazon list package dimensions and weight with anything they sell...is one just supposed to bite the bullet and hope the courier fee is not more than the item you are buying?
Right at the bottom on the Amazon page they list dimensions and weight under "Product Information". That is good enough for the couriers to give you a quote.

Neville

Right at the bottom on the Amazon page they list dimensions and weight under "Product Information". That is good enough for the couriers to give you a quote.
Shot! I didn't know this...newbie to buying from amazon.