How to cancel Telkom lines or services

ProAsm

Expert Member
End of January I cancelled my ADSL via MyTelkom only.
All done and dusted.
Got this recently.
tkmcan.jpg

DamduikerZA

Expert Member
Cancelled last week Friday...phoned me this morning...Said services would be terminated 12 May 2019 and I will receive pro-rata final bill for the same date end of May.

Hope all goes well...

BaTouSai

Crazy first they invoiced me wrongly for R2000+ then the MyBB rep corrected it and suddenly I was in credit for R78. Assured me that the debit order would not go through wrongly and today it did. Basically stealing money. So now they need to pay back asap and I need to process a cancellation.

Hopefully all goes well and this torment can end.

Superjakes

Expert Member
I have requested a cancellation sometime during April, to have services terminated by the end of May - we got MetroFibre in the complex. I am on a 24 month contract and am expecting a penalty, but it seems impossible to know how much said penalty would be. If the penalty is too high, I would obviously stay on and run out my contract first, but apparently I am not afforded that luxury. Has anybody else been in this situation?

crawler

Expert Member
Crazy first they invoiced me wrongly for R2000+ then the MyBB rep corrected it and suddenly I was in credit for R78. Assured me that the debit order would not go through wrongly and today it did. Basically stealing money. So now they need to pay back asap and I need to process a cancellation.

Hopefully all goes well and this torment can end.
IS there a telkom rep on here that can assist?

Trying since Feb to cancel my line

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
These fokkers still won't aknowledge that I've cancelled my service, despite me having cancellation numbers and so on.
They've stopped trying to steal money out of my bank account, though.
If they try to blacklist me I will see them in court.
Telkom should be very, very ashamed at the amount of incompetence they've managed to foist upon us.

Superjakes

Expert Member
I have requested a cancellation sometime during April, to have services terminated by the end of May - we got MetroFibre in the complex. I am on a 24 month contract and am expecting a penalty, but it seems impossible to know how much said penalty would be. If the penalty is too high, I would obviously stay on and run out my contract first, but apparently I am not afforded that luxury. Has anybody else been in this situation?

So I spoke to somebody in a telkom store this weekend about my contract cancellation. She told me that the cancellation penalty is generally the cost of devices received under contract and an R800 cancellation fee. I was expecting worse, but let's see what it turns out to be before I pop the cork...

ngoni615

Please some one help. I just need my deposit back. I had my line and services cancelled in November 2018 and had no services since then . I had also finished this awful contract with them. But till now i still get billed. for a service i cancelled way back. I have been back and forth with telkom, used the online services and keep getting reference numbers which mean squart. I just want my deposit back. They seem to be doing this on purpose so that people will just leave their money and go. If i had a lot of money i would sue telkom. BUt sadly i am not that financially stable to hire lawyers. i have been given multiple 30day notices for cancellations and confirmations as well as reference numbers as proof but nothing has been cancelled. Help anyone. i am about to lose my mind now. This is one of the mistakes i have ever made in my whole life, taking an a contract with telkom. Once i am out of this i will never ever take one again or recommend anyone to take a contract with telkom. Would rather get charged an arm and a leg by other providers where cancellation would not be a pain.

SiR_BP

Cancelled our service yesterday via the online portal. Hopefully all goes to plan and the service is indeed terminated by end of July.

PamelaW

I have recently been involved in assisting clients with cancelling their Telkom services.
As recent articles ahve highlighted Telkom is swamped with cancellation requests

As of Jun 2018
Cancellations are now initiated on line or through 10210
10210 cancellation tries hard to push the On Line Cancellation

The older method of completing the form and emailing it to
servcancellation@telkomsa.net no longer works
The email address is discontinued.

Cancellations require a 30 Day Notice Period
The technical team are reasonably on the ball and the services will terminate after the 30 days​
In my experience it can take 3 - 4 months before the accounting team catch up.​

Primary Line Number for the Account
In the following communications with Telkom you will need to reference the Primary Line number for the account​
For single line domestic accounts it will obviously be the one and only Line number.​
For business accounts with multiple Lines / Services, it is the "Service Ref" line number in the top right hand section under the Account number.​

10210 - How to get to Cancellations
Option - 2 - enter the Primary Line number under cancellation as above​
Get confirmation - 1​
Enter the ID associated with the Account​
4 for Cancellations​
1 for a new cancellation​
OR​
2 to follow up on cancellation in progress​

OnLine Cancellation
If you already have a My Telkom Account and a working Login, proceed to OnLine below​
If not you must register for an online account as follows:-​

Register & Link Account
This is fraught with pitfalls especially for Business as the service may have been established many years ago by previous employees, and even before Email and the Internet were around. in some cases the business may have no idea who actually registered the account many years ago.​
SO​
BEFORE Registering call 10210 Billing and obtain the following information for the Account​
Registered Owner, Email Address, and confirm ID # held.​
Is the Company Reg # or Owners ID linked to the account.​

Create a Telkom profile using the Registered Owners Email Address​
Use his/her ID on the profile.​
Now Link the Account
The information entered MUST match the information on the Telkom Database for the Account​
In Co Reg # enter the Reg# or Owner ID# as recorded on the account above.​
Hopefully the Profile user and Account details will match and the Account will be linked.​
If successful, proceed to Online Cancellation below​
If this fails, as it may, then proceed to manual cancellation below.​

Register if you have not already​
Logon to your "My Telkom" profile​
Under "Home & Business Accounts" - Click "Manage My Accounts"​
Select the relevant account​
Scroll across to find the "Cancel your Service" tab​
Follow the 4 Step process​
Make a note of the Case Reference​
Follow up on 10210 as above​

Manual Cancellation

If Online Fails call 10210 as above and insist on a manual cancellation.​
Initially they will try to push you to the Online cancellation​
You will have to convince the operator that all attempts to register online have failed.​
They can then authorise a manual cancellation​
Get a name & an email address for the operator.​
Get a referenece #​
You will need to submit a Cancellation Request on Co Letterhead, a detailed list of items to be cancelled ( Especially if you are not cancelling the entire account)​
Copy of registered account Owners ID​
Copy of latest Telkom account with items to be cancelled highlighted ( Not essential but recommended to ensure they cancel the correct services.)​
Email it in​
Get a referenece #​
Follow Up in a week to ensure it has been processed.​
Repeat every week or so.​
In my experience you may need to persevere for a month or three.​
Eventually you should receive a final settlement account​

Good Luck
Oh wow! Thank you so much. This is overwhelming but I shall have to try. Won't be easy since my name has been misspelt.... So tempting to just give up...

Trust|Nobody

I just cancelled my subscription with Telkom online. Process went smoothly, they called me today to say goodbye.

Last edited:

reedOsama

This is a great quality post, I've really only been able to find the online method when I google this topic.

Grouter

Expert Member
I did an online cancellation June 10th. Telkom rep called and said service will end on July 10. It did. Got penultimate bill and paid it. Got last bill showing -R117, meaning they now owe me R117. I am thankful just to be free from them, but am curious: Will I ever see that R117? How do Telkom process refunds? I couldn't really care less, just curious.

rph72

Executive Member
I did an online cancellation June 10th. Telkom rep called and said service will end on July 10. It did. Got penultimate bill and paid it. Got last bill showing -R117, meaning they now owe me R117. I am thankful just to be free from them, but am curious: Will I ever see that R117? How do Telkom process refunds? I couldn't really care less, just curious.
You will have to call 10210
54f9f5b3aeac938ba467690ee40f2d54.jpg