How to cancel Telkom lines or services

HowTo

Expert Member
Phone number 10210 does work but option 2 is something else.

upup

Executive Member
Very useful information and well prepared post!

Funny, I assist quite few retired persons and deceased estates with their cancellations. I have no probs at all. Go to local Telkom office process and walk out. 1 month later the line is cancelled and last account is received. Maybe it is because that shop knows how to do it given the large number of retirement villages in the area?
Do you perhaps live next to Zuma on that wonderfull perfect planet.

Marcell1992

Question. If I cancel my 10mb line with Axxess, do they not actually cancel it and put it over into the holding pool? Also, if it's in the holding pool, do I need to cancel it? Can I proceed to cancel my phone while waiting for my adsl to cancel? Many questions, lol.

DeSLAM

If you use their online portal to cancel your services,

You will see there are 2 options (small radio buttons at bottom of the page) - the one is immediate cancellation, the other is the 30 day option.

I used the online portal to cancel my Telkom services, the number isnt even managed by them anymore but they are still invoicing me for line rental services in advance every month.

Perhaps their account department and cancellation departments dont talk to one another. Or their systems arent linked. But to invoice for services they cant provide to that number - may be deemed business fraud.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

StaticST

I had an email address of a lady at Telkom, i use to just send her an email and everything would be sorted without any issue.

Luckily i dont have any Telkom contracts now

Reactions: Yuu

Grouter

Expert Member
Online cancellations work the best. Mine and 2 others I know went through without a hitch.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Online cancellations work the best. Mine and 2 others I know went through without a hitch.
Thanks, because my ADSL line, as well as the voice line I don't want are dead, and as there people who are supposed to fix it only work till 16:00 which is when I leave work, the problem is not going to get fixed, even if the problem is not by my place of residence. So cancel, and get service somewhere else where time is not an issue, is only option I have.

Pablo37

Is the procedure as described in first post still current?

Well written post btw.
Both impressed and also relieved that this worked flawlessly for me and took the promised 21 working days from start to finish.

(End October) bought my own LTE router and data bundle
(End October) signed up for the stand-alone telkomsa.net email product at Telkom store. I also had ancient intekom aliases which I unfortunately lost by cancelling. At the same time I cancelled my ADSL data package.
31st October I cancelled both the ADSL and the telephone line (via Telkom online profile) and got reference numbers together with regular SMS’s saying cancellations are being processed.
29th November the landline was disconnected.

I have already received the final account which only reflects R15.82 for the stand-alone telkomsa.net email and some credit for pro-rata services.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Both impressed and also relieved that this worked flawlessly for me and took the promised 21 working days from start to finish.

(End October) bought my own LTE router and data bundle
(End October) signed up for the stand-alone telkomsa.net email product at Telkom store. I also had ancient intekom aliases which I unfortunately lost by cancelling. At the same time I cancelled my ADSL data package.
31st October I cancelled both the ADSL and the telephone line (via Telkom online profile) and got reference numbers together with regular SMS’s saying cancellations are being processed.
29th November the landline was disconnected.

I have already received the final account which only reflects R15.82 for the stand-alone telkomsa.net email and some credit for pro-rata services.
Thanks

PamelaW

Very useful information and well prepared post!

Funny, I assist quite few retired persons and deceased estates with their cancellations. I have no probs at all. Go to local Telkom office process and walk out. 1 month later the line is cancelled and last account is received. Maybe it is because that shop knows how to do it given the large number of retirement villages in the area?

PamelaW

I can't post this! Am brain dead!
Oh wow! Lucky all of you!
My problem has taken months of back and forth emails, visits to every Telkom store in my area and numerous phone calls answered by chirpy young guys who promise to fix the problem, happily give their names and then do not exist the next time I call.
All I want is to get my money back and for them to stop taking the several thousand rands they have randomly taken from my account...and continue to take (got notice of one today!). A woman at the last branch I went to in September promised me it was all over.
My banker told me that if deducted amounts varied or if Telkom used something called "naedo collection" whereby they can deduct money on a different date from the stop order the bank sets up, they can simply withdraw and run!
Now, even though I cancelled my account in September they are STILL withdrawing my money!
I am exhausted.

PamelaW

Oh wow! Lucky all of you!
My problem has taken months of back and forth emails, visits to every Telkom store in my area and numerous phone calls answered by chirpy young guys who promise to fix the problem, happily give their names and then do not exist the next time I call.
All I want is to get my money back and for them to stop taking the several thousand rands they have randomly taken from my account...and continue to take (got notice of one today!). A woman at the last branch I went to in September promised me it was all over.
My banker told me that if deducted amounts varied or if Telkom used something called "naedo collection" whereby they can deduct money on a different date from the stop order the bank sets up, they can simply withdraw and run!
Now, even though I cancelled my account in September they are STILL withdrawing my money!
I am exhausted.

PamelaW

Thank you for this. I am in the middle of moving so I am keeping this to read later.

DanHoffman

i cancelled in December for Jan 2019 line still active tried to down grade to 2 meg line no can do they do not have 2 meg anymore but keep sending bill for Feb and March do not know what to do i just will not pay i have a email from them accepting my cancellation what a bunch of retards.
So am I. What I should do?

Hemps

Honorary Master
I had an email address of a lady at Telkom, i use to just send her an email and everything would be sorted without any issue.

Luckily i dont have any Telkom contracts now
Any chance you could pm this ladies email address, need 2x business DSL accounts cancelled?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Our Telkom lines were cancelled in 2018 already and we are still waiting for our credit to be refunded.

Imraan1

I cancelled my adsl line in November 2019 and got my last bill this month which put me in a credit, i have logged a call to transfer the funds to my mobile account and recived an email that it has been resolved. I will see what my mobile statement says at the end of the month. I did the cancellation online using my telkom profile FYI.

Imraan1

ADSL is cancelled it was actually no fuss at all via the online portal, I got my credit moved to my mobile account and all is well. I was actually dreading the process from all the posts that I have seen but this actually went though without an issue, I guess I should consider myself lucky.