How to cancel Telkom lines or services

Jason3643

logged last month a cancelation online got a sms shortly after and got another sms friday stating that my account closed :)got my final bill today logged in to my account online and I have no account link anymore so all good :p

Peon

Expert Member
logged last month a cancelation online got a sms shortly after and got another sms friday stating that my account closed :)got my final bill today logged in to my account online and I have no account link anymore so all good :p

I highly recommend you play the lotto on every single ticket you can find. I will send my bitcoin address for reward.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Just received another email from Telkom that my account isn't closed, and I'll be due R202.70 if I stop the debit order.

How the actual **** are you supposed to cancel an account if the online process doesn't allow you to, and Telkom refuse to acknowledge cancellations any other way?

Screenshot from 2020-07-03 11-12-09s.png

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Not sure what use it is - but now logged a complaint with the NCC

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Consumers in this country really are screwed. ICASA says it doesn't fall under them. Consumer Goods and Services says it doesn't fall under them. Just the NCC to respond with the same.

KungfuKenny

Consumers in this country really are screwed. ICASA says it doesn't fall under them. Consumer Goods and Services says it doesn't fall under them. Just the NCC to respond with the same.
How did you submit your complaint with ICASA? I had some 'success' with them by submitting a complaint online for the same issue of getting billed even though I cancelled in June already.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
How did you submit your complaint with ICASA? I had some 'success' with them by submitting a complaint online for the same issue of getting billed even though I cancelled in June already.

Online. They say they don't deal with contract cancellations.

I now have a newpaper columnist hopefully attempting to assist.

KungfuKenny

Online. They say they don't deal with contract cancellations.

I now have a newpaper columnist hopefully attempting to assist.
Ooh, I wish you good luck. Telkom needs to be put in its place, their level of bad customer service is downright criminal at this point.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Ooh, I wish you good luck. Telkom needs to be put in its place, their level of bad customer service is downright criminal at this point.

I've got 34 emails since 03 July trying to get this cancelled - because of the website cancellation issues. I've had about 5-6 responses. Only two of them semi-proper responses.

One confirming ONE number was cancelled, even though my initial email stated ALL of them need to be cancelled.

And one yesterday saying I'm still liable for the fees and the account is active because they haven't received notice of my intention to cancel. This is in response to an email letting them know I have attempted to cancel repeatedly.

"Kindly be advised that we didn't receive your cancellation request hence contract is still active and Telkom is billing you."

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So - I removed the sims on the 31st of August.

Telkom are now insisting I used the sims in September, so I'm due for payment.

This is their proof - my usage on a 30GB data bundle for September.

image003.jpg

They flat out refuse to acknowledge any of my attempts to cancel the services, and won't acknowlede the screenshots of their cancellation process not wanting to cancel multiple numbers on a contract.

Oddly enough - today is the first time they responded, and they responded repeatedly - I think the response is only due to them being copied on my complaint to the NCC - because they copied the NCC in all of their responses.

Last edited:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So - I removed the sims on the 31st of August.

Telkom are now insisting I used the sims in September, so I'm due for payment.

This is their proof - my usage on a 30GB data bundle for September.

View attachment 934034

They flat out refuse to acknowledge any of my attempts to cancel the services, and won't acknowlede the screenshots of their cancellation process not wanting to cancel multiple numbers on a contract.

Oddly enough - today is the first time they responded, and they responded repeatedly - I think the response is only due to them being copied on my complaint to the NCC - because they copied the NCC in all of their responses.

Just received a call from Telkom - the balance has been cleared - and all services cancelled, nothing further is owed.

They also said the end of the month debit order will not go through.... so time will tell.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So no debit order went off this month, and I received a credit note for the previous month. Just received a call to confirm the account is closed, and nothing is owed. Nothing in writing though.

Not sure if it was continual complaining (about 40 emails since August) - the complaint to the NCC (Telkom hasn't responded to them) - or if the columnist got them moving.

Will not touch Telkom easily again.

Going to let the NCC know - but - will request they leave the complaint open until written confirmation is received from Telkom that the account is closed.

haroldj

I have just issued a cancellation request to my ISP (not Telkom) according to them after they issue the adsl line cancellation to openserve, the adsl goes into a live pool and openserve takes over the line, it is now my duty to do the process again, any advice on how long would I still be paying for the service that I no longer need or have access to.

Yob

I have been trying for 4 weeks now to get a response to my cancellation request for a business line. I know it takes 30 days, but at this point I have had no acknowledgement from a human that it's being worked on. I've sent the necessary documents to STocST@telkom.co.za several times but only had the automated response. I tried phoning their business support line at 10217 only to be told that the only way they process cancellations is on that email address.
My phone line and adsl line are both run through telkom, so I know it's not an issue where the line isn't managed by them.
I tried filing a complaint on the ICASA site but have not had a response from them yet, but they want a case number from telkom to show I've tried going through their channels, but as yet I have not got that because I've got no real response.
I see mention of the NCC, are they more responsive and successful in getting Telkom to respond? There also the CGSO, but I don't know if they would be any help, although technically my right as a consumer to cancel a service is being ignored, so maybe I'd have something to go on?
Does any one have any other suggestions or email address I can spam? I am happy to be as annoying as possible to get results, so any complaint email addresses or employee addresses I can spam until someone responds would be appreciated.