How to cancel Telkom lines or services

WesleyDB

I'm in a very interesting position with telkom, I wanted my line to be moved, for some reason the technicians are not bothered to come around to move it, and I can't cancel it until its moved.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
So what is currently best practice, to cancel your Telkom Internet and DSL line?

Getting fed up with their service. Seriously considering moving to Fixed LTE-A.

Tho I have my reservations about LTE-A, but heck, they tell me a change is as good as a holiday.

dualmeister

Honorary Master

David200

How do you cancel the telephone portion of the telkom line and keep the adsl line only? From what I read here the entire line must be cancelled (tel & adsl) then you sign up for a new adsl line, but that won't be possible in fibre areas where telkom does not allow new adsl sign ups. What is the latest on this?

deweyzeph

Executive Member
How do you cancel the telephone portion of the telkom line and keep the adsl line only? From what I read here the entire line must be cancelled (tel & adsl) then you sign up for a new adsl line, but that won't be possible in fibre areas where telkom does not allow new adsl sign ups. What is the latest on this?

Why would you want to sign up for ADSL if fibre is available?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
While cancelling my services I could select each service individually for cancellation i.e. fiber line, phone line, data package and SIM card. Then got a reference number for each one.

Might be the same with ADSL.

Stalker

Finally just cancelled all my Telkom services now the wait to see if it actually happens

Stalker

Mine is a private line - received emails with the reference numbers for each service and now this morning SMS's saying that each reference number has been closed !!! ??

Last edited:

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
Any help? How to know if my services are over? Received no sms or email but adsl account details don't exist when trying to use customer portal.
When logging into telkom app it still shows Landline number, Tin number?