How to cancel Telkom lines or services

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Been living in Aus for 2 years now, all of a sudden nudebt gets in contact with me chasing money for Telkom that I supposedly owe them.

They send me to the telkom site to check my statement which is not in arrears.

Even better I cancelled in Nov 2019, I asked when the statement was from and they said March 2020.

They debt collectors obviously can't assist but there is no way to get hold of telkom from overseas?
Has anyone got a way to contact Telkom accounts direct from overseas?

We battle to get hold of them locally ...

At the beginning of this thread there is an email address, that is supposed to help, I am still waiting for an answer

Halogen

Sigh.... after thinking I have escaped the clutches of Telkom, I am back here. It is like Edge of Tomorrow, but just re-living cancelling my Telkom account over and over again (started in Jan 2019). Bunch of octopuses. I can't take out a credit card, 5% added to any loans amount. For a simple ADSL line that only worked for 6 days and was cancelled.

Is legal action the only option now? :/

xrapidx

Honorary Master
809dff3c950b2e430fb17210430e34c1.jpg

haroldj

I have recently request that my lte packaged be cancelled, via the process online, received a fault reference number and a couple of days later received an sms that my fault reported is now closed, that does mean that my LTE would be terminated in 60 days or what????

KungfuKenny

After going through the pain of trying to cancel my landline, I eventually got it right by complaining to ICASA. Within a few weeks I received an email saying that my landline was now terminated and about a month after that the account was removed from my profile - finally an end to the nightmare - or so I thought.... I tried to apply for a new credit card, my application declines, I ask the bank why and they say it shows missed payments on my profile. I am very diligent when it comes to my finances so this came as a surprise to me - in any case I then pulled my credit profile and indeed it shows I have missed payments - from Telkom! This was now a good couple of months after the contract was cancelled. Ai these people are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

• Angry
Reactions: XTM

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I'm still getting daily SMS spam from Telkom - the ****ers just wont **** off.

Wonder if ICASA could assist with that.