How to check which movie/series will be released in 4K

Budza

Executive Member
Given the download options range from CAM to WebRip to BluRay Rip etc- how does one know if it's worth waiting for a 4K release?

Westworld S03 for example released a while ago but the 4K version only came in November- I waited for that before watching.

Where can I see what'll release in 4K (and when?)? I've held off a few things which then never appeared in 4K and then either forgotten about it or couldn't find it again :(

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html - that seems to list old releases which are re-released in 4K

Help!

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
What does it matter. download and watch, then redownload if you want the 4k's.

Only data.

Budza

Executive Member
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/releasedates.php?4k=1

Whether it's worth waiting depends how you feel about the movie, I guess. Something with decent cinematography would be worth the wait for me.

Thanks- will run through my queue and see what'll release when.

As an example, I take it Yellowstone won't be available in 4k?

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Thanks- will run through my queue and see what'll release when.

As an example, I take it Yellowstone won't be available in 4k?

I don't watch that show or know much about it but I'd check if it's filmed in sufficient resolution to make a 4k release feasible. Going by the older seasons not being released in 4k, I'm guessing it's not.

Or maybe they're planning a 4k release later.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Get an nVidia Shield, no need to worry about 4K or not 4K, it does very good upscaling ...

Budza

Executive Member
Watch it?

I assume you have a 4K TV?

Tenet- you'd watch it in CAM as soon as available? Then again in 1080p WebRip/BluRay then again in 4K?

Where do you draw the line?

For something you know will/should be good, wouldn't you wait for the 4K release and watch it once?

Delayed gratification :)

That link in #2 is what I was looking for- I can browse latest releases then check if it'll come out in 4K (and when!) and wait for those.
For the 1080p only stuff, I don't need to wait in vain for a non-existent 4K release

Lol first world problems.

Wonderful, isn't it :)