How to circumvent FNB's password manager block

system32

Expert Member
Using Firefox + KeePass + Ctrl-V to paste "aLG2yjB9uKS9Tq*+aR9SzW=43Q4wfBC_7hKyr%d!", works fine.

mister

Executive Member
I would NEVER in a million years store my banking passwords in the browser or a password manager or anything like that.
That's why I store the first portion: "W3GF4ujRxCsFfFji7jFNmwruq3iU" in my password manager and the second portion in my brain... Best of both worlds.

mister

Executive Member
Also... I thought the change had been rolled back?

HBee

Expert Member
What a joke. Banks make it harder for you to get to your own money but do nothing to stop people from stealing your money via debit orders.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I would NEVER in a million years store my banking passwords in the browser or a password manager or anything like that.
Exactly. I use a password manager for absolutely everything except my bank password, which in turn is off the scale different from any other password I have.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Why would you want to?
Because now you end up putting a very simplistic password in as you need to type it.

Which actually takes security backwards.

If my devices are secured in every other way there is no reason I shouldn't be able to store my passwords.

More so it's bullshit to remove that decision from the user. Give the warning sure, but don't force my hand.

phaktza

Executive Member
Because now you end up putting a very simplistic password in as you need to type it.

Which actually takes security backwards.

If my devices are secured in every other way there is no reason I shouldn't be able to store my passwords.

More so it's bullshit to remove that decision from the user. Give the warning sure, but don't force my hand.
:thumbsup: keyboardloggers.net liked this post

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I agree with not storing your password in your browser's password manager, but 3rd party password managers like Lastpass are orders of magnitude more secure than your browsers password storage. In any case, even if someone somehow got hold of your username and password, they would still have to have access to your 2FA to do anything of consequence.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Easier to vote with your wallet and move to a different bank.
Not so easy when your home loan, vehicle finance, savings, investments, etc are all with FNB. Not to mention having to go queue at SARS to change your banking details.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Not so easy when your home loan, vehicle finance, savings, investments, etc are all with FNB. Not to mention having to go queue at SARS to change your banking details.
Why I prefer not having all my eggs in one basket. Your investments should be with a proper LISP etc.

Reactions: cda

ActivateD

Expert Member
FNB has disabled the feature so no need to bypass anymore reason has finally prevailed.