How To Connect Pool Timer Switch

zuluboy

Hi. I bought a Quality Sul 181h Pool Timer Switch and I'm trying to connect it. I saw advise on another thread that was posted earlier this year, that I should connect the Live Wire from the Mains to 8, with a bridge to 2, the Live Wire from the pump to 1 and the Neutral from the Mains to 7.

My question is, what happens to the loose Neutral from the pump?

I didn't get an answer to my question I posted on the first thread, so I am starting this again. I hope this is ok.

Any help would be great. My pool is getting pretty filthy!

Thanks

I am Penguin

Executive Member
My fist advice would be to get a qualified electrician to help. But if you insist it's simple really. The pool timer is just a switch working from the timer contact switched the live wire on or off to the pump.

and is wired like this

L------0......0------- Timer Live |
L------0____0------- Pump live
_________|timer contact

_________|Bridge or connector on timer switch (both the same wire)
N------0......0------- Timer Neutral
N------0......0------ Pump neutral

Certain timers have more contacts so you do not have to make your own netral connection. So the Loose Netral connection in your case on the pump must connect to the I presume an unused terminal or neutral wire on the mains side or together with the N wire connection of the timer switch.

Last edited:

zuluboy

ok. let me just get this clear before I do it. Are you saying that the Neutral wire from the pump can connect directly with the Neutral from the mains which is going into the Switch?

R13...

Honorary Master
zuluboy if you have trouble understanding the wiring diagrams that come with the switch it's best you take penguin's advice and get a pro on the job.

hardatwork

My Sul 181h Pool Timer's Clock has stopped

Hi. I also bought a Quality Sul 181h Pool Timer Switch and I'm also trying to connect it. The pool pump is working and if I manually adjust the current time in the centre, it goes on and off according to the switches around the circumference.
However, the time (or clock in the middle) does not seem to work - what ever you set it to, it stays on that time and doesn't move.
Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it?