How to enjoy chilled drinks in your car with no ice......Mini In-Car fridge.......?

hastex

Adding a mini-fridge to to your car...

Technology: Simple insulation tape, heatsinks and fans(computer cpu hitsink-fan units are a great option), thermoelectric Cooler Cooling Peltier Plates, Arduino Controls(for variable temperature settings)

Power delivery: One of these options, powered via the USB port, the 12v power outlet or hard wired to the car(my least favored option).

The build is cheap, get a peltier plate for less than R100, old CPU fan plus heatsink can be free, insulation tape for less than 30 bucks..this is a fridge for your road trips that's easy on power and on the pocket.

The build is simple enough, i am getting started on it in march.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
If I remember correctly, my old 1996 Astra I had way back had a little vent you could open, and it blows A/C air into the cubbyhole.

MartyMarts

Spontaneous Interruption

Technology: Simple insulation tape, heatsinks and fans(computer cpu hitsink-fan units are a great option), thermoelectric Cooler Cooling Peltier Plates, Arduino Controls(for variable temperature settings)

Power delivery: One of these options, powered via the USB port, the 12v power outlet or hard wired to the car(my least favored option).

The build is cheap, get a peltier plate for less than R100, old CPU fan plus heatsink can be free, insulation tape for less than 30 bucks..this is a fridge for your road trips that's easy on power and on the pocket.

And then :confused: Pictures, steps, how to guide... something?

isie

Honorary Master
If I remember correctly, my old 1996 Astra I had way back had a little vent you could open, and it blows A/C air into the cubbyhole.
Get in here before anyone else does.

If you had the Opel Monza 160i GSI COTY edition it would chill your beer and warm your food!

Batista

Executive Member

I bought one for my car, let me tell you, in our climate when its 30 odd degress outside, your drink doesnt get cold, it just stays the same temp the can was when you put it in, and this is a professionally made unit.

hastex

And then :confused: Pictures, steps, how to guide... something?
I have more of a visual image for this.
I made a similar mini-table fridge from a bucket before, powered by my PC's USB cable, gave the damn thing away.