How to find your marriage status online?

TechnoAce

Update: The 0800... call center number also doesn't work anymore. So the only option left is to go and stand in a queue at home affairs :( (which is only open from 08:00 until 15:30 if you're lucky)

This country is going the wrong way...

pkid

Expert Member
I got divorced 2 years ago and it never crossed my mind to update my status at home affairs. I am assuming my ex-wife updated hers. Am I wrong in assuming they would update my status too when she did her update? Or am I now married to her but she is no longer married to me? What are the consequences of not reporting the divorce to them?

RonSwanson

Expert Member
I got divorced 2 years ago and it never crossed my mind to update my status at home affairs. I am assuming my ex-wife updated hers. Am I wrong in assuming they would update my status too when she did her update? Or am I now married to her but she is no longer married to me? What are the consequences of not reporting the divorce to them?
None really, since bigamy isn't a crime anymore. I'm still married to Tammy0x0001 and Tammy0x0002.

ThreeThirds

SMS service offline (still looks like you get charged the R1)
Call centre number not working for at least 2 weeks

FFS, tell me again why we can;t call this a shithole country? At least where government is concerned.

Yup... have no idea if my divorce reflects in state records yet. Utterly useless. SMSs don't work, online verification is offline, call centre useless.

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Yup... have no idea if my divorce reflects in state records yet. Utterly useless. SMSs don't work, online verification is offline, call centre useless.
Can confirm the SMS is still working, WC Gov website lists it, DHA says it's not working anymore lol.

Posting this in this thread as well as Google returned this thread when I was searching for this.