How to get rid of a bad tummy flu....

Snormossel

Expert Member
And I am talking about the one where you kakcrap for days......

Got this great little piece of "boere raad" when we went hunting in the karoo a few years ago.

I was literally drained from every drop of fluid in my body, been running (excuse the pun) for 3 days straight.
No pills worked until and old oompie/doctor told me to have 4 drops of dettol in half a glass of milk. First I was like :wtf:

Went home and tried it, only thing is that it taste as vile as they come and 3 days afterwords you still burp dettol.
Anyways, cleared my little gogga I had and on we went....

Please note:

Only use the original dettol, flavoured ones does not taste any better.
If you are lactose intolerant, drink it with water (more disgusting that milk)
DO NOT DRINK THE WHOLE BOTTLE, you will kill yourself.

So to all the hikers, campers, boswa joggies etc, take a little bottle of dettol on your next trip.

You will thank me later.

Snormossel

Expert Member
Nee wat ou SSB.

The pharmacy on Prieska had their best month ever after I was there the first few times, took all the meds I could....

Daai k@k was groot....

Getafix

Expert Member
A double Bells.
If it doesn't work, another.
And so on.
It might not help for the initial complaint but you won't care either.;)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Dis hoekom jy nie die hele bottel dettol uit suip nie..... Ha ha ha ha
Well, something more palatable than dettol that works to settle my stomach is lipton ice tea, it also helps rehydrate.

Hell, one time a bunch of potency shooters also cured such an affliction I had.

pezulu

Expert Member
The Dettol remedy is new to me, but heard from the same pharmacy in Prieska how to stop an irritating cough.

You take 2 large tablespoons of original Borstol, and 2 large tablespoons of Castor Oil.
The Borstol tastes so bad, you won't want to cough, and the Castor Oil will ensure that you don't.

geezer

Expert Member
It's a pity that they took Chamberlain's Colic Remedy off the shelves some years ago. That stuff REALLY worked.

Pectrolyte is what our household believes in these days.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Considering you waited till after 3 days to do it, I honestly don't think the dettol did anything, as you already had ridden out the worst of it.
Also don't ingest dettol it's an antiseptic meant for external use only. It can actually end up doing more harm then good when ingested.

Flarsiep

I always braai a rare piece of steak. The germs and viruses attack that rather than your stomach. works for me. :D
Tastes better than all the crap you oaks are suggesting.

crawler

It's a pity that they took Chamberlain's Colic Remedy off the shelves some years ago. That stuff REALLY worked.

Pectrolyte is what our household believes in these days.
I agree. Use to always have it in the house

Now it's pectrolyte and kids from 3y can also use it