How to get rid of GloCell?

ozosborne

My 3 contracts ran their time a few months back. I gave ample notice via mail and this was confirmed with a GloCell staff member on a reply. I even checked a few times after to make sure its all done and dusted, which was also confirmed.

Moved over to Telkom and GloCell runs 3 debit orders off my account again. I e mail asking for a refund, no response. So I go to FNB and put a stop on all 3 debit orders at a cost of R70 each.

A month later I start getting e mails from norman & bisset saying I owe money. I mail the lawyers our e mail correspondence and ask them to sort a refund. No response. But yet I still get the usual "you owe money" mails?

I usually come right on this forum though with someone from GloCell getting hold of me. Can anyone help?

3WA

Expert Member
They sound like scumbags. Do they have presence on Facebook and Twitter?

ozosborne

There is a reason I moved away from them, as a business contract holder it is a huge pain to move and port etc. But their lack of service and frustration we went through in our contract period made it easy for me to move. But now to get rid of them.

That being said, in my opinion all of the service providers have issues. Case in point. Telkom was a breeze after going into a branch, service and speed was really good. I got a R500 voucher with my Samsung. What a pain. To date I havent managed to get anything for it and this is after numerous visits to 2 samsung stores, 4 visits to Telkom branches, of which one was a 2 hour wait where they couldnt get their accessories cabinet open. Manager promised to send a cover (which I didnt want, but apparently its my only option) to my closest branch. Still waiting for that phone call.

But with GloCell I reckon the debit orders will keep running as the bank told me they can only stop the debits for 3 months, after that I must pay R70 each again to stop them.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Some ideas:

Change bank account. (if you get blacklisted at any credit bureaus you fix that with the credit bureaus and if they don;t help, the ombud).

Tell them that your will start charging them for the reversed debit orders if they persist in debiting you and remind them that you have cancelled and owe them nothing.

ozosborne

Thanks Crowley. Go have a look at the reviews section of that facebook page. Shocking. The few times they actually bothered responding is also terrible.

ozosborne

supersunbird problem is that it is our business account we have held for the last 13 years. Ive mailed the lawyers along with multiple glocell staff members with proof of cancellation and did exactly as you mentioned, payment back of all the incorrect debits as well as service and stoppage fees. No response.

Daisy Cloudskitter

My 3 contracts ran their time a few months back. I gave ample notice via mail and this was confirmed with a GloCell staff member on a reply. I even checked a few times after to make sure its all done and dusted, which was also confirmed.

Moved over to Telkom and GloCell runs 3 debit orders off my account again. I e mail asking for a refund, no response. So I go to FNB and put a stop on all 3 debit orders at a cost of R70 each.

A month later I start getting e mails from norman & bisset saying I owe money. I mail the lawyers our e mail correspondence and ask them to sort a refund. No response. But yet I still get the usual "you owe money" mails?

I usually come right on this forum though with someone from GloCell getting hold of me. Can anyone help?
More here - Cell C integrated from July 18 ? :
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/busi...locell-and-cell-c-finalise-contract-deal.html

ozosborne

So it would seem I need to take this up with Cell C directly now and not GloCell as it would seem they are no more. Not surprised at all. They were truly pathetic. Of the top of my head it would seem they didnt even make it 3 years.

Freddl

Try an email to Corene.O'Donovan@Glocell.co.za. Alternatively Google for the name of the CEO of Glocell and use the same format (<name>.<surname>@glocell.co.za) to send him a mail to complain. They still operate as Glocell.