How to get your free IE10 pizza using Chrome

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
"Sorry, all available vouchers have been redeemed." .... aaarrrggghhhh .... will try tomorrow

roguemat

Expert Member
Sorry, this is just a d*** move.
If MS can't see a direct correlation between downloads and orders they will probably not do something like this again soon because they know it's getting gamed.

Is it really that hard to try out IE10 in exchange for R100?

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
It makes you question MyBB's ethics if they're posting an article like this...

abzo

Honorary Master
Sorry, this is just a d*** move.
If MS can't see a direct correlation between downloads and orders they will probably not do something like this again soon because they know it's getting gamed.

Microsoft shouldn't bribe us with Pizza. The product should speak for itself.

Jan

Drifting in the black
I'm on a Mac at work, but have a Windows 8 box at home running IE10. Andrew is on Linux.

If someone has the technical know-how to do this, I'd argue that Microsoft's campaign is succeeding anyway as it's generating awareness of the product, perhaps even getting someone to read more about it that would otherwise not be interested because they can't run it anyway.

Like the version numbers in the user-agent string, for example... What's up with NT 6.2 (for the non-Windows user), and Trident 6.0? Why does the Mozilla version number not increment between IE versions?

All of a sudden I'm hitting Google (not Bing, sorry) to find out about what's under the hood of IE 10, all because I wanted a free pizza but couldn't run IE 10 for whatever reason.

Disclosure: No, I didn't write this article.

It makes you question MyBB's ethics if they're posting an article like this...
Response as above. Also, it's not our ethics you should be worried about... it's our weird sense of humour :twisted: (Wasn't this at least a little funny?)

alternate

Expert Member
This is why we can't have nice things.

MyBB why would you put an article like this out?

nfbs

Expert Member
What does MyBB's ethics have to do with free pizza?
It's not free Microsoft is paying for it from their marketing budget. It's one thing to have a post like that in the forum, totally another if you write a news article on the biggest IT news site in the country of how to bypass another company's marketing campaign just to get free stuff.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Since the promotion became available all the vouchers have been redeemed in the Strand/Somerset West area, don’t know should they targeted this according to region. Strange though is that you could have entered the voucher, but the R100 discount would disappear at the checkout and would then throw the message that all vouchers has been redeemed, somebody can actually click proceed knowing the voucher were entered previously properly only to have to pay when the delivery guy rocks up at your door…

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Response as above. Also, it's not our ethics you should be worried about... it's our weird sense of humour :twisted: (Wasn't this at least a little funny?)
Maybe its funny to some of the guys around here who do not know about user agents.

However, a lot of us could have used this route as well...but we didn't. And what I meant with "ethics" is you're enabling some of the members here who did not know, in basically take advantage of the fact.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Well it's all over now just a couple hours after it started, and we can only speculate as to the cause of its short life.